IGNORED

Wyred 4 Sound's Recovery USB Reclocker Findings For Audio Performance. (Curated Thread)

I am using a recovery and an Intona. My laptop is less then ideal so tried the intona first. then bought a recovery. They both do different things. Before I bought the recovery I called W4s to see if what I was doing was overkill and they are very helpful on the phone.

For for me its Laptop, Intona, recovery, dac.

Den: Kef LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Lumin D1, Cayin SCD50T, Jolida D9, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 7 IC

Livingroom: T+A PA1530 r Integrated Amplifier, Innous Zen MKIII, L.K.S audio MH Da004, Tyler Acoustics Highland H2, High Fidelity Reveal IC, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 8 Speaker cable. 

They both do different things to the chain so it depends on the rest of your system or source. That's why some people have said they don't hear much of a difference when they tried it out. My rig is an older HP laptop but, still an I7, and an external usb drive so the chain definitely has some noise to it from the lousy power supply on the laptop on down to the wall wart for the drive. If I had a dedicated audio digital source with a solid quiet power supply and SS drives inside that source, I bet the difference would have been a lot smaller.

If I had to choose what had the bigger effect in sound, that would be the W4s.

I 1000000% agree with the better power supply for the w4s. That was a night and day difference.

Den: Kef LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Lumin D1, Cayin SCD50T, Jolida D9, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 7 IC

Livingroom: T+A PA1530 r Integrated Amplifier, Innous Zen MKIII, L.K.S audio MH Da004, Tyler Acoustics Highland H2, High Fidelity Reveal IC, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 8 Speaker cable. 

• 1 year later...

They do different things.   The w4s i noticed the biggest difference.