IGNORED

Pachanko SATA Cable

4 hours ago, Audiotruth said:

Pachanko cables, another tail of woe.

I've been buying cables from Chan over two years (Iteration SATA / Reference SATA / Shielded ATX / Shielded DC / Iteration USB / Signature speaker cables / Signature jumper speaker cables / Iteration Ruru USB link etc.) The cables made a significant difference to SQ in my system / room / set-up (YMMV).

The service level initially offered by Chan was good, however around the end of July 2017, Chan's attention to detail and lservice levels waned. As an example, the last order I placed took more than 120 days to arrive. During the extensive delay, I regularly emailed Chan to find out why my order had not arrived. I found his excuses incredulous.

I will not be placing further orders until I’m confident his attention to detail and service return to acceptable levels.

So...I am intrigued. What do you mean by incredulous? I got a reply from Chan saying that he intended to get back all the parcels stuck in France and would resend them via DHL. Of course how long it takes for the whole process to complete remains unclear..but I guess we'll have to wait and see...

I just got an update from Chan that most of the packages (including mine) are ready to ship out this week, of course with a tracking number provided.  So for those who haven't got an update yet, I suggest you contact Chan immediately. Actually the situation has not been easy for both parties but I believe Chan has realized the seriousness of the issue and is now taking care of it by any means necessary...so let's just give the man a chance to make it right, that's all I am saying.

• 2 months later...
On 9/4/2018 at 11:26 AM, Horace28 said:

Is it important to have the good SATA cable on the OS HDD or on the HDD with the music stored on it? From what I understand when the file is played it is stored and played from the RAM so I am not sure if using a good cable on the storage drive will make any difference.

From my experience, OS HDD has much larger impact on sound improvement. But of course, it still sounds better with a good cable on storage drive.