IGNORED

Roon / HQPlayer Integration

You have to set the same setting in the settings window. File/Settings. Also, try the polysinc filters with -2s settings —*those are way easier with processors

MacBook Pro + Roon > Airport Extreme > microRendu + mbps-d2s > Auralic Vega > McIntosh MC275 > Yamaha NS-2000

Wired with: High Fidelity CT-1 Enhanced RCA, Revelation Audio Labs, Fadel Art Coherence PC

Thank you for the tip and using Settings (or on my Mac, Preferences) to get the program to remember the preferred filter. That worked. However, I still have the same problem with the polysinc -2s filters -- very bad stuttering, slowed down music, etc.

My other difficulty is that when playing tracks with a high sampling rate (96 kHz or 192 kHz) I get a very loud hissing overlaying the music. Playing 44 kHz material or DSD files is no problem (and they sound great). Any ideas?

I'm also getting that hiss sound sometimes (when oversample higher than DSD64) that's because Vega's clock are too sensitive and precise while the current version of HQP isn't as far as I can hear)

Regarding the stuttering and stuff, check the processes in the Activity Monitor. Maybe there are some eating the power also? Or it is possible your Mac isn't powerful enough?

MacBook Pro + Roon > Airport Extreme > microRendu + mbps-d2s > Auralic Vega > McIntosh MC275 > Yamaha NS-2000

Wired with: High Fidelity CT-1 Enhanced RCA, Revelation Audio Labs, Fadel Art Coherence PC

I have a probably-underpowered late 2012 Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 with 8 Gb of RAM -- would doubling the RAM to 16 Gb help? I have basically nothing else running except HQP and RoonServer. With Closed Form I am getting 70% of CPU for HQP; with Polysinc - 2s (which just starting working for some reason), i get 125% of CPU (which seems impossible).

Not sure regarding +8gig of ram honestly(

At first with clean polysinc I got 200% and I believe it means that 2 cores are 100% loaded. No magic here)

I believe there are some bugs in 3.12b3 that were acknowledged earlier on, and will be fixed soon.

I never had problems with the poly-sinc family of filters but now I have major stuttering where I had none before. Using "closed form" with ASDM7, @ DSD256 for now.

Hope so indeed!

3.12 stable is live now Signalyst

Haven't tested yet but should be more reliable!

- Support for Roon as control interface and media source.

- Support for offloading part of the processing to a GPU using NVIDIA CUDA.

- Support for cross-application raw streams and extensions to the remote control API.

- Lower overhead Pipeline SDM implementation.

- Fix ASDM7 initialization bug.

- Various smaller fixes and optimizations.

Ok, just tested this version and now it works fine even with the clean poly-sinc filter.

Same here. The regular poly-sinc filter works fine, as do various sampling rates that were giving me problems before.

I still have occasional problems switching among different albums/tracks. I have to hit the volume control disconnection button to get things going again sometimes.

Same issues here but it's OKish...

So you just open and close that to make it work when you have issues switching albums?

Interestingly if I use a computer to open Roon I see what you show. On my iPad it shows volume at 0

Thanks

No, I open that dialog than click that icon and everything stops then I can hit the play bttn again.

Nothing interesting actually) that's because the Roon team hasn't updated the app yet)

Early days, but it appears that the release version of HQP 3.12 has eliminated the stuttering with on-the-fly PCM -> DSD conversions in my system. I'm able to use HQP's poly-sinc-short-mp filter. Things are sounding really great.

--David

Yeah! Plays just fine and sounds great. But I've discovered that filter called poly-sinc-ext which I really liked during one song. And then I've tried to play another one and the HQPlayer was against. The Roon say that something wrong with the output application (HQP) so I've never been able to listen that filter again...just doesn't work. The others are fine on the other hand)