IGNORED

Which one to buy: UpTone USB REGEN or Intona USB Isolator?

On 3/12/2016 at 7:58 PM, sandyk said:

I don't use USB for Audio myself, as it is flawed, and you can spend more than the cost of your computer trying to extract the best from it. I use well implemented Coax SPDIF from an Asus Xonar soundcard into a highly modified X-DAC V3 which has an isolating transformer at it's input. . As for the USB memory stick when using a Regen with a modified USB cable (no +5V) , and even when powered by a Super Regulator PSU, it still can't match the SQ from the same music saved to an internal SSD powered by a 12V to 5V Regulator followed by a John Linsley Hood designed shunt regulator, when both are played from System Memory using A.S.I..O. and cPlay. When both versions are burned to the same CD-R and played via an Oppo 103 used as a transport into a higher quality DAC, the SSD version STILL sounds better, and which version is which can easily be identified with non sighted listening.

I don't give a rat's anus whether you believe me or not.

+1

Hi mate, sorry to revive an old thread. Just reading through this as I await the Uptone ISO REGEN.

What Asus Xonar card are you referring to and can I ask what about it's design makes the SPDIF well implemented?

Genuinely interested because I'm looking for a quality SPDIF source for a secondary system.

Cheers!

3 hours ago, Superdad said:

Sean:

Alex Ketel (sandyk) has ceased posting here at CA, most likely due to seriously failing health (I've been meaning to e-mail him or one of his close friends to find out how he is).  So I do not think a reply to your questions will be forthcoming from him.

Oh wow, thanks for letting me know :-(

Wishing him well :-(

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
2 minutes ago, Yoshimitsu said:

100euros more maybe better maybe not

Only mentioned because it's USB 3.0 and in a metal box and you said "but is 3.0 compatible and looks prettier with an aluminum case  which is also better from a technical perspective (heat dissipation, shielding etc)."