IGNORED

Review: Grateful Dead 50 Blu Ray/CD box set

The Blu Ray version has 2.0 24/96 audio as well as 5.1 24/96 Dolby True HD, so it is probably worth trying to figure out how to extract the audio. Even played through an Xbox (my only blu ray player, which is limited to 24/48 and mixes the audio whether you want it to or not), it sounds very good. Unfortunately, although I read Chris' description of how to extract the audio, I have no equipment to do it.

The CDs by the way are HDCD. If I get the audio off the blu ray, I won't bother with trying to squeeze out more bittiness from this. Each day has once CD of filler, which is too bad, because those three CDs could have held one of the Santa Clara shows (which they didn't include but I scraped from the live stream).

• 3 weeks later...

Where did you get the Bluray version ?

Almarra 318B-Zu Audio Omen-Marantz SA15S1-Nottingham Analogue Interspace Jr.-BlueSound Node-Schiit Modi 2 Uber, Ifi SPDIF ipurifier-Clearday Shotgun speaker cables-Clarity HarvestII Interconnects-TWL powercords-ATS acoustic panels-Echo Buster corner traps

Found it

Almarra 318B-Zu Audio Omen-Marantz SA15S1-Nottingham Analogue Interspace Jr.-BlueSound Node-Schiit Modi 2 Uber, Ifi SPDIF ipurifier-Clearday Shotgun speaker cables-Clarity HarvestII Interconnects-TWL powercords-ATS acoustic panels-Echo Buster corner traps

Is the Bluray the whole show ?