IGNORED

Article: Fink & RCO - An Astounding Album & App Experience

This is a fun read. Nice to see you had a run-in with Fink, very similar to me...

I had this exact same 'how could I have missed this guy?' thought somewhere in 2013. I had never heard of Fink prior to listening to him on vinyl (Sort of Revolution) during a demo at one of the more prestigious dealers in NL. I remember preferring listening to the Magico Q1's playing Fink over the Magico Q7's in the next room playing ...(fill in any well recorded utterly un-involving audiophile stuff).

I then ran into the "Wheels Turn Beneath My Feet" live album, which replaced "February" by Kane (Dutch band) as my album of choice for a deserted island. I remember flagging "Wheels Turn.." in a best find of the year '13 thread here on CA.

I really like the RCO album, but do still prefer Fink live with his own band. I went to see Fink in Paradiso (Amsterdam) November last year and, what a coincidence, I went to see Fink in the Royal Concertgebouw (without the RCO, just the venue) the day before yesterday (Oct 22).. Paradiso was epic. No more, no less. I felt the Concertgebouw acoustics (highly regarded ) are simply less fit for this particular purpose and the hall, although very classy, does not have the rock-temple vibe & intimacy of the Paradiso. It was still very good though..

WP_20151022_21_50_09_Rich.jpg

FINK in the Concertgebouw (Oct. 22, 2015 - Amsterdam)

Bits to analog: Server [i9-10850k; Win10Pro, Roon Core + HQPlayer4 >all DSD256x] -> mRendu -> Regen -> Lampi GG

Analog to sound: ASR Emitter II Exclusive, Battery -> Gryphon Mojo S + 2 x REL G2

Details: Audio System