IGNORED

Mytek new dac Brooklyn.

My brooklyn unit has been very good so far except I have to use SPDIF to play music, plugging the usb into my pc port produce static humming noise so I can't use usb

Any ideas why?

Noisy USB port on computer. Try different ports. In general, don't use the computer case case ports, try to attach directly to motherboard ports (on back of computer). Also, a lot of motherboards have USB ports via the chipset and a separate controller (usually Asmedia) for additional ports and/or more recent specs (the best example being USB 3.1, which no Intel chipset provides, even the newest 200 series). I've found using the Asmedia ports for audio-out, and the native chipset ports for everything else (mouse, keyboard, etc) gives the cleanest set up.

If you have a fairly recent desktop, and it has a USB 3.1 port, try using that to connect to Brooklyn, and plug everything else into the chipset USB ports (usually at end/top of motherboard backpanel).

Ok I tried changing port on the back and all the ports produce the same noise except the port on my monitor and my monitor usb out is connected into my motherboard usb port, is there any degrade in audio quality whatsoever because it doesnt produce hissing or humming anymore

As above, shouldn't be a problem, and it does sounds like a ground loop. If you have the monitor and Brooklyn plugged into one outlet, and the computer into another, that's likely what the noise was (could confirm by putting Brooklyn and Computer on same outlet, see if noise disappears). It's also possible the monitor's USB ports are shielded, though I haven't heard any monitors tout that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, mozes said:

Hi

If anyone is using Roon with the Brooklyn, can you pls let me know if Roon can recognize the ASIO driver? I can only connect to the Brooklyn wasapi driver.

Is this normal? sorry I am new to Roon just installed it yesterday.

I use Roon and Brooklyn AISO driver without issues.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, mrvco said:

What are you guys thoughts on the SR and FR filters versus the MPH filter for MQA?  Is there any possibility that the Brooklyn could automatically switch to the MPH filter when it detects MQA and revert back to SR or FR when it doesn't?

I'm using Roon + HQP with a MicroRendu and am playing around with different settings.  I haven't tried the new MQA-filters in HQP yet.

The MQA filters in HQP just strip out the embedded metadata (the 'folded' stuff) from the file so wierd things don't happen when HQP does it's thing.