IGNORED

XRCD 24

Hello,

You may have heard about XRCD series from JVC. The top of the line range is XRCD 24. There are dozens of CDs available. Especially on Jazz genre (numerous famous Blue Note albums). It is recordings at 24 bits but I can't find any informations of the kHz implied. Is there any one who can say whether these recordings are 96 or 192 kHz ?

Many thankd,

Pierre

MPB/iTunes + Audirvana / Amarra / AVS 3D - Accuphase E 550 / DAC 30 - Apertura Altra Signature

Greetings!

I guess you already had a look here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XRCD

To my understanding the XRCD, XRCD 24 and K2HD etc are all "redbook" CD when you purchase the disc. It's the process of creating the master that differs if I get it correctly.

If the final product differed from the redbook CD in bit rate or bit depth, you would not be able to play it on every CD player, which you can. Compare to HDCD, which need something extra to decode it.

When it comes to how it sounds, you'll be the judge.. I do own a couple of K2HD and XRCD and the sound is great and to me well worth the extra money whether it is about something that was "restored and enhanced" (like the good old Jazz at the Pawnshop) or if it was recently recorded using state of the art equipment.

Please fill in and if necessary correct me.

:D