IGNORED

"DSP Studio is only available for local zones"

Ice

Hi

I am new with JRiver on a test-drive.

I have my music stored on an NAS (the DNLA-Service is activated).

I play my music with my DENON AVR X-4100 using DNLA.

Now it comes to JRiver installed on a Win7 Notebook connected to the tcp/ip home-network. i may control the DENON, that's nice, JRiver knows the NAS as a DNLA-Server and acts as a DNLA-Controler, the DENON is the DNLA-Renderer. -> No DSP available.

Is this terminology correct?

I changed the configuration and stopped the DNLA-Service on the NAS and enabled the access of the files. I told JRiver that the Music lies on \\NAS\music and it imported all to the local library. JRiver is now the DNLA-Server. JRiver controls the DENON to play what i choose. But: if a want to activate DSP : "DSP Studio is only available for local zones"

I want to do a little EQ corrections with the Equalizer but in my configuration i do not see a chance to get it up an running.

Please help for clarification, thanks

Their wiki is often out of date.

If you are performing DSP, it must be converted to WAV.

So, i tested with the "Rock" preset again and again, finaly with weird configurations on the equalizer: No effect.

There must be one more thing, but i can't find it.

Posibly if i play the music on the laptop - but this is a no go for me. i play the music with my DLNA-Renderer DENON and it's easy to change the DLNA Server to check the effect.

On the Denon-Receiver i choose the Notebook running JRiver with the configuration as a DLNA-Server (and DSP) or

i choose the NAS with it's DLNA-service running the DLNA-Server with no DSP.

I stuck, please help.