IGNORED

Trouble With The Word "THE" In Artist Field

ignatz22

Hi,

New MinimServer user here. Sorry if this has been previously asked, but a search didn't return any results.

I use Mp3Tag for tagging, Lumin for accessing my library.

I will tag Beatles albums as The Beatles as artist.

Lumin displays all Beatles albums as Beatles, The.

Is there a way to have them, and all other "THE" artists listed as I have tagged them?

For example The Beatles instead of Beatles, The.

Thanks.

Look under "ignore" in Minimserver user manual. You can have it sort on "Beatles, The" yet show "The Beatles" (or additionally show Beatles, The...up to you).

Your music library

These commands are then put in the properties-tag options section of Minimwatch.

No problem. The ignore.* (star) is telling Minimserver to do BOTH sort and sort.index. You probably just want sort (so "The Beatles" shows as "The Beatles"), so I'd repalce the stars with "sort" so......

Album.sortTags={Album, Artist}, Artist.ignore.sort={The}, AlbumArtist.ignore.sort={The}

Here is the logic:

Ignore: The value for this option is a comma-separated list of initial words that will be ignored for sorting, indexing or display purposes. This option must be suffixed as described in the Tag value customization section. For example, you can use the option Artist.ignore.sort={The} to sort the Artist tag value "The Beatles" as if it were "Beatles, The" while showing it in the index as "The Beatles". If you also want to see the index value as "Beatles, The", you can use the option Artist.ignore.sort.index={The}. (edit: which you don't)

You are a lifesaver !

I'd like to confirm that this will only affect the word' THE" if it's the first word in the Artist's Name.

An artist named Joe Smith and the Delrays will still be listed under Joe Smith, correct ?

Correct, it only ignores the sorting value, which is first letter.

As Ted has describes you can heve "The Beatles" displayed as The Beatles, however with the Lumin app they will also be sorted as "The Beatles" (rather than as Beatles, The) (unless you are using folder view).

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.