IGNORED

IDAGIO - For Classical Music Lovers

I was so happy to find this available in Canada and I signed up for the two week preview. My initial impression is very positive. The Android app could use some polish, but when you look at a full album the current track is definitely indicated - it's in a standard weight font while all the other track names are bold.

I have it streaming to a Chromecast Audio device, which sends a digital feed to my DAC's optical input. It sounds pretty good. I think I will end up subscribing to idagio, as I'd like to encourage the survival of at least one streaming service geared to classical music.

2 minutes ago, rodrigaj said:

To those folks using Chromecast, has the lack of gapless playback been fixed?

Airplay supports gapless playback as long as the iOS app will support it. I thought Chromecast did not.

No, I hadn't listened to anything requiring gapless before I posted. I sent them an email about it, but haven't received a reply yet. For now I've switched to the desktop app on my main system, and I dug up the old iPad to use airplay to stream to my Naim Muso.

The Android app has a lot of trouble working with the Chromecast device anyway. I hate the way you have to start playback before you get to choose where to send it. I was hoping the iOS app would be better, but it does the same thing. But I'm still enjoying the service, despite the warts.