IGNORED

Auralic Aries Mini

• 3 weeks later...
I have an older 32 gb. iPad 2 model A1396. If I upgrade

the software to ios will it be a sufficient remote?

From their website: Recommended iPad Models

"The Lightning DS App supports all iPad models only except and iPad first generation due to its IOS upgrade issue. However, AURALiC doesn't recommend iPad 2 / iPad mini first generation to run the Lightning DS App because the processors built in these two models are too weak to run the APP smoothly. "

• 2 weeks later...
I even told the ipad to forget the main wifi network, thinking that signal may be stronger and may direct the Ipad towards that instead. Nothing.
Try forgetting the Aries network too, and don't forget to rename the second Aries when you do eventually manage to connect to it.
  • 4 weeks later...
Finally the question for this thread: would I gain SQ in switching to an Aries Mini?

I strongly doubt that, but you never know....

I think you would notice an improvement. I've compared a Mac Mini with A+, a Pi2 (with HiFiBerry Digi+) with various software, and an Aries LE. The Raspberry Pi is extremely good, especially given it's price, but the Aries is definitely the best sounding. I also like the Aries Lightning DS app.
  • 5 months later...
I guess I am just tired of being an involuntary beta tester of products being released too early, but this is beside the point.

Yes, we're all tired, but refreshingly, this is an opt in program, not an opt out.

• 3 months later...
  • Then a few days later, couldn't find the path to the server at all no matter what I tried.
  • Came back from some travel, away for a couple weeks, and uh oh, couldn't find the server share again.
  • Once again a couple days later, couldn't connect... then I could.

Does the PC have a static IP address? If not, this might solve your disappearing share problems.

• 3 months later...
I have a Aries and music frequently stops playing between tracks ..... have tried a Netgear and a Sagem Fast router ..... nothing helps ! :-(

Perhaps your problem lies elsewhere then, for example with the NAS? Do the interruptions go away using local storage? Do you have other devices on your network that might be "chatty"?

i am considering switching to a lower Ethernet speed .... maybe 50Mbps ....could it help ?
It doesn't work like this.

I'm pretty tied of this issue ..... could Auralic just post something about this issue on their website ..... that would be nice !
I'm pretty sure the issue is local to you, and can be fixed.
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, misterdog said:

The Aries mini is  a fabulous piece of kit, though in an ideal world control from a PC app akin to JRiver would be the ideal solution for me.  

I believe this is coming very soon in the form of a web based interface (not an app per se), which will also appeal to android and windows users. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Enrok said:

Last question how much space occupies Lightning DS on your iphone (here it take 2,5 Go), it is a problem my iphone is full oand LDS seems to increase size with time.

I have around 35k files, and Lightning DS uses about 600MB on my iPhone. I know the database can bloat, so its perhaps a good idea to start over every now and then. Perhaps now that you've got a feeling for all the settings, a rescan will tidy it up.

Congratulations on your purchase :D

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, unclepuncle said:

I have copied the CD to Flac in dbpoweramp and copied it to a USB stick which I have then plugged into the USB port on the back (the first USB port next to the ethernet port). However I can't seem to see it in the app? How do I get this recognised by the app so I can play this file? 

Try following this: https://support.auralic.com/hc/en-us/articles/206083668-How-can-I-play-music-files-on-USB-drive-