IGNORED

Auralic Aries Mini

• 3 months later...

Got my Aries Mini at last. According to Igloo, there are currently no Mini's with a 3 pin plug and English manual for the UK market, only the German two pin, which wouldn't bother me except for the fact I can't fit the plug under my hifi rack with a travel adapter attached.

Do any other UK buyers have any idea where we could source the 3 pin attachment for this "wall wart", or an alternative PSU that would work. I don't want the LPS.

That would seem fine if the polarity of the centre pin is correct (cannot remember).

But you avoided the Q about using the internal DAC....

I'll be using it with my Hugo TT. I had the full size Aries with LPS and prefer the sound of my Cyrus streamer in my system so I've got a Mini for Tidal.

So I installed Minimserver and my NAS still won't sleep. It's definitely the Aries as it always shows as connected in DSM and is shown regularly accessing the Music folder in logs. I emailed Auralic who replied "The Aries will check the connection every so often so there is no way around this."

I'm slightly puzzled as to why this doesn't happen to everyone here. Do you switch the mini off somehow?

I went through all that yesterday, thanks. It seems the Aries is constantly checking the media server, much like Sonos does. Annoying.

UPDATE:

Have you tried to put ARIES MINI into sleep mode? I think Lightning Server will shut down when it is in sleep mode. If you put ARIES MINI, it will access to your NAS all the time.

Aha. Didn't know you could force it to sleep. I'll try this.

• 3 weeks later...