IGNORED

Gapless streaming and sorting by folder

I have a Musical Fidelity CLiC wired to the network.

I would like UPnP software to provide gapless streaming.

On the face of it, Asset should fit the bill. It's not resource-hogging, and works well without crashing, and allows viewing by folder, but doesn't provide gapless with the CLiC.

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?34672-Gapless-support&highlight=gapless

I gather that changing to a Linn DS or Naim would solve the gapless problem with Asset. Can anyone confirm that? That would be a rather expensive fix.

I went back to Twonky (3.1), which does seem resource-hogging and prone to crash, but does provide gapless streaming.

The trial use of JRiver seems to show that one cannot do a simple sort by folder:

how to get J River to display the albums like windows

Album friendly Media Library setup thoughts (long)

Is there another easy-to-use system (as user-friendly as Asset, for example) which some kind soul could recommend for me to try out? Any CLiC users with successful gapless streaming?

Access through sorting by folder is essential.

Thanks

The Linn streamers are definitely gapless with Asset. I am surprised that Asset doesn't work with the CLiC - as far as I understand to make gapless work means holding a copy of the playlist on the renderer (which is what the Linn does), therefore I would have expected that if the CLiC works gapless with any server then it would work with all. If you post onto the dbPoweamp forums you might get some help there - maybe there is a fix they could make to Asset?

Cheers

Paul

Stereo Source: Auralic Aries + Mytek Brooklyn DAC+

Surround Source: Windows PC

Pre-amp: Mark Levinson ML380s, Anthem D2v

Speakers: ATC SCM50A (L/R/C), C4 (Sub), SCM20-2A (LR,RR)