IGNORED

Optical Network Configurations

Hi,

I follow your story carefully. Really interesting.

I just have 2 tplinks before my streamer, really good improvement. Based on that, I'm thinking about replacing the rather long RJ45 cables of my network with fibers.

Does someone experience a smoother/faster/more stable network with fibers ?

Thanks for this testing session !

2.1 basic stuff => 2 mains are Dynaudio Core59 + sub Dynaudio 18s

Actives / digital AES in / active correction on PC side

Passive daddy setup is dead

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I follow your discussion but the switches you're talking about with 8 SFP slots are oversized vs my needs.

I have a "standard" flat, not a 100 rooms castle like all of you ;-)

Thus I went through the product range of Diablo Cables, and found the right product for me => http://www.diablocable.com/dual-sfp-slot-media-converter-with-dual-1000m-ethernet-ports.html

I don't think you already talked about it.

Its features : 2 RJ45 inputs (auto-negociation 10/100/1000) + 2 SFP slot (for 1G SFPs).

It is only 125$ compared to 300$ for the 8 SFP slots switch.

and it fits to basic needs like mine.

My current setup :

a router, with wifi for multipurpose & DLNA app for hifi

on this router, I have connected on the RJ45 plugs of the switch part :

- NAS (Gb inteface)

- multipurpose computer for web/work/tv/streaming (Gb interface)

- a streamer (100Mb interface). Now the streamer is linked to the router thru 2 TPLinks MC110CS. Great sound improvement of course thanks to these FMCs.

My plan is the following in using this switch (dual SFP + dual RJ45) :

Router => RJ45 => 1st Gb RJ45 plug on the diablo switch. To link the switch to the web.

2nd RJ45 plug on the Diablo switch => the 2 TPLink MC110CS => streamer (working at 100Mb)

1st SFP slot (1Gb) => fiber => 1Gb FMC (a TPLink MC210CS I think because is cheap) => RJ45 => NAS

2nd SFP slot (1Gb) => fiber => 1Gb FMC (a TPLink MC210CS) => RJ45 => computer

I don't think I'll power this RJ45/optical switch & the 2 MC210CS with batteries.

I don't think it would be relevant because I guess the 2 FMCs MC110CS upstream the streamer are enough regarding SQ. Don't you think ?

On paper this setup looks nice. I guess it could bring something positive... but honestly, I don't know to which extend.

What do you think about this tiny switch ?

I think it is the right optical switch when you have a 100Mb streamer in your network, due to its auto-negociation capability (100Mb/1Gb).

ted_b ran into a problem with a 100base-T device. I don't think the Diablos do both 100 and 1000base-sx (optical). I believe his TP-Link FMC didn't upconvert 100 to 1000base-SX. A better bet would be the Trendnet FMC that more clearly indicates it will do this: TRENDnet | Products | TFC-1000MGA | 100/1000BASE-T to SFP Media Converter

Hi,

I went through info on the net regarding SFP & negociation. Apparently, on a switch with SFP & RJ45 port for instance, speed between the SFP & the RJ45 port is the speed of the SFP.

Thus with a 1Gb SFP, you will get 1Gb speed at the RJ45 output of the switch.

Could you please tell me if the following stupid idea is stupid or smart :

if you place a basic 5 ports RJ45 switch (10/100/1000base-T) between a bloody device running at 100Mb, and the optical switch with all its 1Gb SFPs.

then, the tiny basic switch will do the negociation between 1Gb RJ45 from the optical switch & the 100Mb device.

Thus, with a 15$ switch you solve the negociation issue linked to SFP constant speed.

Right or false ?...

If it works that fine.

We can argue that by adding a 5port switch, powered by a SMPS, the SQ will be affected.

I guess it won't be the case because in my setup for instance, the FMC bridge placed upstream my streamer (the downstream TPLink powered by battery) block all noise from all SMPS upstream (router, NAS etc). I say that because when I installed the FMC bridge, I had LPSU on NAS switch router ; and thanks to the FMCs, I could replace all LPSUs with their basic SMPS without loosing on the SQ. Then I sold all my LPSU, because totally useless with the FMCs.

Rgds

Hi,

I went through info on the net regarding SFP & negociation. Apparently, on a switch with SFP & RJ45 port for instance, speed between the SFP & the RJ45 port is the speed of the SFP.

Thus with a 1Gb SFP, you will get 1Gb speed at the RJ45 output of the switch.

Could you please tell me if the following stupid idea is stupid or smart :

if you place a basic 5 ports RJ45 switch (10/100/1000base-T) between a bloody device running at 100Mb, and the optical switch with all its 1Gb SFPs.

then, the tiny basic switch will do the negociation between 1Gb RJ45 from the optical switch & the 100Mb device.

Thus, with a 15$ switch you solve the negociation issue linked to SFP constant speed.

Right or false ?...

If it works that fine.

We can argue that by adding a 5port switch, powered by a SMPS, the SQ will be affected.

I guess it won't be the case because in my setup for instance, the FMC bridge placed upstream my streamer (the downstream TPLink powered by battery) block all noise from all SMPS upstream (router, NAS etc). I say that because when I installed the FMC bridge, I had LPSU on NAS switch router ; and thanks to the FMCs, I could replace all LPSUs with their basic SMPS without loosing on the SQ. Then I sold all my LPSU, because totally useless with the FMCs.

Rgds

I reply to my own previous post => this post above was completly WRONG & CONFUSED due to big big confusion in my poor brain face to all these tricky names & specifications / SFP networking and so on !

Sorry if it raised confusion in some other brains ;-)

My concern is about nice commutation between 100Mb devices & 1Gb devices through fiber network in using a fiber switch & FMCs on devices sides.

A fiber switch must be 100Mb compliant in case you have a streamer in your network (most streamers have a 100Mb interface, not a 1Gb interface)

Last 2 days, I exchanged emails with someone from TPLink support team, now things are clearer to me (surely it is already clear for most of you, for the other hope it can help), these are the basic points to make it work.

There is (nearly) no issue regarding auto-negotiation when you have a mix of 100Mb & 1Gb devices in your network, except that you have to choose the right products).

I will take as an example a basic network :

- 1 Gb router, with RJ45 slots

- some devices to interconnected on the switch : some can run at 1Gb, some at 100Mb, all devices have RJ45 slots.

It runs nicely because RJ45 ports can manage data flow whatever the connected device "talks" at 100Mb or 1Gb.

Using a fiber switch is different because you can plug on a 100Mb SFP slot ONLY a device running at 100Mb, if your device runs at 1Gb you need a 1Gb SFP.

First you need to look at the specification of the switches to find the right one for your needs (everrything is there & clearly written) =>

Example 1 : the Diablo 18195

Its specification is there & clear => 8 Port SFP Optical Switch with Multimode SFP

look at the IEEE part :

802.z 1000BaseX <= BaseX stands for "fiber", 1000 means Gb

802.3 10BaseT <= BaseT stands for "copper RJ45 cable", 10 means 10Mb

802.3u 100BaseTX <= BaseTX stands for "copper RJ45 cable", 100 means 100Mb

802.3ab 1000BaseT <= BaseT stands for "copper RJ45 cable", 1000 means Gb

Thus, in other words it says about compatibility regarding the Diablo :

- it can manage only 1Gb flow through fiber. Thus, you have to buy & use only 1Gb SFPs for the Diablo

- it can manage 10 or 100 or 1000Mb device only its TP port (the RJ45 slot)

Exemple 2 : TL-SG2424 & TL-SG5412F ; features are equal, just the number of RJ45 slots & SFP slots is different. The SG2424 has 4 SFP slots, the SG5412F has 12 SFP slots.

Here is the specification of the SG2424 => 24-Port Gigabit Smart Switch with 4 Combo SFP Slots TL-SG2424 - Welcome to TP-LINK

Look at the "Interface" part :

24 10/100/1000Mbps RJ45 Ports <= like most of RJ45 switch, you can plug on RJ45 slot devices that run at 10/100 or 1000Mb

(Auto Negotiation/Auto MDI/MDIX)

4 Combo 100/1000Mbps SFP Slots <= SFP slots can accept 100Mb SFPs (to communicate with a 100Mb device) OR 1000Mb SFPs to communicate with a 1000Mb device

Thus,

1. if you have only 1Gb devices to interconnect with fibers,

then you can buy the Diablo or a TPLink. Just buy 1Gb SFPs (and 1Gb FMCs on device side)

2. if you have 1Gb & 100Mb devices to interconnect with fibers,

ONLY the TPLinks will do the job, thanks to their 4 COMBO 100/1000Mbps SFP Slots.

then buy :

- 1Gb SFPs (and 1Gb FMCs on device side) to link the 1Gb devices to the switch on its SFP ports

- 100Mb SFPs (and 100Mb FMCs on device side) to link the 100Mb devices to the switch on its SFP ports

Sorry for this long post. Hope it helps

(I'm quite surprised it is so obvious & simple now, although I was confused last days...)

Rgds

Hi,

Summer sales => on a french retail web site last TPLink SG5412F was sold at 150eur. I took it.

Although Ted_b & Sig8 said that the Diablo sounds slightly better, I prefered to go with the TPLink : due to this good price, and because I need 100Mb compliance with my streamer.

The TPLink can manage 100mb, with a 100Mb SFP ; the Diablo can do only 1Gb through SFP, thus I should have used the RJ45 output with the Diablo... don't know if it is the right choice, We'll see.

Complete package (SFPs, fibers, MC220L) will follow within 1-2 weeks, then : the review.

Edit : Next to NAS & router & PC I'll put MC220Ls.

I'll power the MC220L next to the PC with a power bank.

Did someone put clean power supply on FMcs next to NAS & router too ? It leads to SQ improvement ? I guess this does not make sense since NAS & router generate quite a lot EMI on their own ; thus these 2 MC220L will use their SMPS.

hi Giordy60,

Like you I just experience the 2 MC110CS right now. Thus why not going further ;-)

So, I listened to my system with both the TP Link 5412F as optical switch, then with the Diablo 18198 (powered by the iFi linear power wallwart that comes with the iUSB...not the iPower). In both my system and sig8's the Diablo won. It is a smidgen cleaner, and has slighlty better bass impact (again, this is all weird to be "listening" to an optical switch). It even seems to add a little gain to the system (don't ask me how, but Ashok and I both heard it). He postulates that the Diablo is a winner, not only because of the ability to power it externally (with linear or battery, etc. 5V-12V)

Hi ted_b,

i received the TP-SG5412F today.

I haven't received the SFP yet, thus I tried to use it as a standart switch on RJ45 ports:

- with my couple of MC110CS to feed my streamer

- then : NAS & router (router gives the wifi for the UPNP upnp app) plugged on the switch on the RJ45 ports.

final setup if to receive the 1Gb SFPs for the switch, to link it to NAS & router via fiber, instead of RJ45.

1st feedback I had : slightly more harsch, but aboce all a wider spectrum (escpecially high frequencies, no lack on low frequencies).

The setup was : downstream FMC on battery, not the upstream FMC (the one plugged on the switch).

Thus, I powered BOTH FMCs on the battery => no more harshness !?!?

More detailed without harshness. a bit bizarre because on my previous setup based on only 2 FMCs b4 the streamer, only the downstream FMC needed really battery, the upstream FMC took no advantage of being powered by a battery...

Anyway, bizarre but nice !

when you tested the SF5412F & Diablo :

- both were burnt ?

- if you used 2 FMCs (cause 100Mb compliance), both were powered by battery, or only the downstream one ?

Questions that I can't answer this evening :

- if the SQ is more analogic with the upstream FMC on battery :

does the switch pollute this upstream FMC ?

or the switch need some burning (no burning before testing, cold & straight from delivery) ?

or the switch enable to get a clearer SQ, then the way you power the upstream FMC becomes critical ?

Anyhow, this switch, on the RJ45 ports sounds nicer than my basic router/switch provided by my internet provider. That's already a good point, although at TP-SSG5412F price I was not expected something worse of course.

I hope to received the SFP soon to test the fiber link between router & NAS to the switch, and see it there is a improvement.

In the next 48hours I'll see if the switch needed some burning.

Testing session : more to come ;-)

Rgds

Hello Ted_b,

I'm quite amazed about the improvement of the TP-SG5412F after nearly 24hours burning... I didn't received the SFPs yet thus I use it through the RJ45 like a basic switch (my bridge with 2 MC110CS placed b4 the streamer), BUT this switch is definiitly not a basic one : background is deeeeeep... instruments & voices are so distinct from each other... amazing !

I bought it on sales at 150eur. The previous optical tweak with my 2 MC110CS cost me roughtly the same with the battery. I would say that the improvement brought by this switch is at least equal to the improvement by FMCs, not less for sure.

Well, Ted,

When you tested the SG5412F, did you link it to the ground ?

I linked it to the ground, and it is quite interesting to see that this leads to absolutly no leakage current or EMI, at all : from the SG5412F but on the RJ45 cables coming from NAS & router as well (NAS & router are on SMPS, thus generate EMI that were detected easily on my previous setup with the SG5412F.

I guess the fact that there is no leakage current helps the SQ.

Testing & learning still going on !

Rgds

PS : thanks to you Jabbr for opening that thread. I thought "2 FMCs & a fiber cleans eveything, we can't get more about SQ, optical network is more complicated more expensive & won't bring much more that my 2 FMCs for its price" <= WRONG ! ;-)

hi,

I needed at least 24h to burn the TP-SG5412F.

I received today the SFPs, they are burning.

Does anyone have an idea of the time required to burn brand new SFPs ?

(already it sounds like this idea of optical network is a major tweak for hifi... Thanks to Eurodriver and Jabbr ted_b sig8 and others ;-) )

Rgds

hi Gldgate,

which optical switch did you order ?

I'm listening to music through TRLink SG5412F... amazed how much it can bring?

You listen a song : voice & instruments are so distinct & clear, you can focus on drums, voice(s), bass, guitar, violins etc... without any cognitive effort.

To me, it is a "special" experience.

If you like legato effect, tubes like etc... forget, : you are "live" with the performers (10 steps more than before, Sting was not there tonight... a pity...).

FYI,

I plugged on the switch yesteday : at least 24h required to burn it.

I inserted the SFPs 9hours ago now, it sounds OK. The burning of brand new SFPs seems to be way shorter than a brand new switch..

Rgds

Hi gldgate,

ted_b saif the SG5412F was very close to the Diablo... I found my switch at 150eur, compared to the Diablo at 300USD... I saw that news regarding that chinese copy of the Diablo at 150USD after I bought mine... Anyhow, I don't think I would have bought this chinese copy, lack of confidence maybe... :-)

Anyhow, 2 tests coming in a few days (maybe next weekend):

- FMCs placed before the NAS & the router are powered now by their SMPS, I'll power them on a power bank to see if it brings something

- I ordered the FMC Jabbr mentioned : TRENDnet | Products | TFC-1000MGA | 100/1000BASE-T to SFP Media Converter

Right now, I link my streamer (100Mb interface) to the SG5412F with 2 TPLinks MC110CS, thus plugged on a RJ45 port on the switch. In that setup, as I said before, both FMC require clean power (power bank), because when the FMC on switch side is powered by its SMPS it sounds harsh.

I'll see if it sound different with this TrendNet FMC before the streamer, FMC linked to the switch on a 1Gb SFP port. This FMC will be powered by a power bank. Is it better to link the switch to the streamer using SFP port rather RJ45 switch port ? Does this TrendNet manage auto-negotiation 100<>1Gb better than the SG5412F thru its RJ45 port ? I don't know, I'll test.

Rgds

PS : I created a thread on the french audiophile forum related to this crazy "optical network" => Réseau Optique : Musique dématérialisée

The "basic optical bridge" story led to quite a lot of implementations during spring. We'll see if the optical network gets a similar success ;-)

Just a reminder for folks trying to connect older 100 mb Ethernet devices through FMCs:

The Trendnet TFC-1000MGA works with both 100mb and 1Gb Ethernet connections (RJ-45) and its $40 on Amazon.

Hi Jabbr,

I did some tests this week with my SG5412F.

I have a streamer with 100Mb interface, thus as the SG5412F has only 1Gb SFP ports, I used the RJ45 port (able to auto-negotiate 100/1000) to link the SG5412F to the streamer with a simple optiical bridge (2 MC100CS).

When you plug a FMC on the RJ45 port, it sounds lightly harsh when the FMC is powered by battery, ; it soudns very harsh when FMC is powered by SMSP.

Thus for audio usage : SG5412F seems to sounds very nicely, but without any device plugged on its RJ45 ports.

I'll received the TrendNet today and test it.

If you say it does its job perfectly that's really a bloody good news !

I should close my testing session of the SG5412F this weekend.

Rgds

EDIT : any device plugged on the RJ45 ports seems to pollute the switch, leading to harsh sound.

By coonecting devices only on the SFP ports it is OK.

This issue should be the same on the Diablo. Ted_b, did you face that issue with tour Rendu plugged on the RJ45 port of the Diablo ?

... the optical switch seems to respond to vibration isolation.

Hi Jabbr,

could you please tell us more about it ?

Thks

Wondering why this would help? Most likely suspect is the piezoelectric crystal. If vibration isolation helps it makes sense, or at least raises the possibility that this is the same mechanism by which TCXO or OCXO clocks help.

Hi Jabbr,

You still can think about causes & why ?...

Honestly, after 1 week tricky tests with my optical bridge to the streamer (based on 2 MC110CS plugged on the RJ45 port of the SG5412F), I've been disappointed due to harshness...

then I followed your advice & received today the TrendNet FMC, nearly the only one on the market to enable auto-negotiation 100/1000 <= critical point when you have a streamer with 100mb interface !!!

and tonight... this TrendNet brings music to its highest level.

We are so close to the "master tape", or something like that, that is really amazing !

Thanks to you again & again for having created that thread !

Great job you did !

And thanks to that "global village" to exist ! Without it... booo.... I can't imagine... :-)

EDIT : a few people here in France, following my thread on the french audiophile forum ordered directy the OEM version of the Diablo rather than our SG5412F. It may be the right choice.

As someone said, maybe by end 2015 & years to come, I will test sound of switches rather than DAC & amps !!!! Great time & great fun !

Implementing vibration isolation of the equipment can isolate the piezoelectric crystals which are clearly vibration sensitive (they vibrate!!).

So this is the basis behind what I am doing. So far, the improvements I've made have audible results and I believe other people are hearing these as well.

Hi Jabbr,

do you mean you put the FMCs and switch on rubber feet with heavy weight on it, to reduce vibration.

Is it what you've done ? leads to good improvement ?

I would not be surprised because it is what I did with my streamer with nice improvement, slightly better but better anyway.

Rgds

Hello

Am a novice, so before buying wanted to confirm: If my renderer is 100 base then I cannot use a 1000 base fmc? Will it not "downsample" automatically to 100 base?

Hi Best,

To negotiate (the right word instead of "downsample") between the switch at 1000Mb and your renderer at 100Mb :

- you need this FMC, the TrendNet TFC-1000MGA, as Jabbr gave the link previously : TRENDnet | Products | TFC-1000MGA | 100/1000BASE-T to SFP Media Converter

- you'll put in its SFP slot a 1000Mb SFP, like the ones in the switch.

This FMC has a auto-negotiation function to manage the difference in speed between your optical network based on 1Gb, and your renderer and its Ethernet interface that work at 100Mb, so on its RJ45 you'll have the 100Mb speed to discuss nicely with the renderer.

I received it last week... and it works perfectly. Put it on a power bank of course, not on its SMPS.

Warning / my experience : I have a SG5412F switch. It has RJ45 ports. If you use its RJ45 because they do auto-negotiation and so you can plug in your 100Mb renderer => it sounds harsh !

My tests show that none of RJ45 ports of optical switches must be used, only SFP ports, otherwise it sounds harsh. Because any device plugged on a RJ45 port will "pollute" the switch.

So, if auto-negotiation is required, the solution is this TrendNet FMC ; and no harshness anymore... and... you'll say "waaaah ! what's that sound ?!" :-)

Rgds

Hi,

FYI,

as said before, I relayed this thread on the french audiophile forum (at least the best for computer audio ; over there Phile is my name) => here :

Réseau Optique : Musique dématérialisée

From the 1st post to page 8 it was more or less about testing of my TP-Link SG5412F & brainstorming about that technology applied to audio.

But people look at that subject like a weird stuff...

So, I posted yesteday something to try give a clearer idea about optical network with a shopping list (because from scratch people might be confused with all these new references & specifications). It is on page 8 on this thread,

here => Réseau Optique : Musique dématérialisée - Page 8

It is in French... hope Google will translate it nicely to your language.

If "experts" find some mistakes (I'm not an expert at all), do not hesitate to let me know & I'll correct it.

I'm writing a more complete stuff for newbies about it, but it is going slowly due to lack of time.

If Google does not translate properly, I can make a English version on pdf for instance with links to photos & slide, just ask.

Hope it helps

Rgds

@ Jabbr,

thanks for your post about vibrations issue.

I've some "special feet" under my switch and it sounds very promissing (dead cheap feet of course, not audiophile ones but funny one !). I should complete these tests by end of next weekend.

Rgds

• 2 weeks later...

hi Victor,

are you talking about this TrendNet ? => TRENDnet | Products | TFC-1000MGA | 100/1000BASE-T to SFP Media Converter

did you open the FMC (using the big steel screw next to the RJ45 port) & put the 2 tiny white switches "on" ?

these 2 tiny switches enables or not the autonegotiation & LLR functions, when I received they were "off".

No reason it should not work with inside switches both "on".

Keep informed if still into trouble

Rgds

hi Victor & gldgate,

sorry but something weird here :

when I received the trendnet I put both switches ON, because I thought it was autonego ON + LLR ON (I was wrong according to the datasheet...)

tonight I check the switches : ON, as I'm wrong I change them both to OFF => I still have music !?

Knonwing that I have : 1Gb SFP on the switch, thus 1Gb SFP on the Trendnet, R45 from FMC to my streamer that works at 100Mb !?

I wonder if my bloody streamer has a 1Gb interface in fact...

I'm confused, but music is oin the air, so that's fine !

"Forced" means 1Gb if you have 1Gb SFP in ? right ?

Fine if you have music tonight Victor !

Rgds

Here are some "unboxing" pictures of the fiberoptic switch:

Note supply could be either 7.5 or 5V 2A i.e. Anker battery can supply (or LPS).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19892[/ATTACH]

Hi Jabbr,

As you have both switches, GT-Tech & & TP-Link SG5412F. Did you compared them ? Do they sound differently ? One "better" than the other ?

Thanks

Rgds

Dear all,

First sorry about my really confused last post... I was lost in front that tiny switches of the Trendnet, the FMC in front of the streamer.

GOOD NEWS ! It works perfectly & nicely !

I complained about a slightly harsh sound, slighty because only annoying (for me) during long hours of music (just to have music in the house)

Now it's fixed ! The TrendNet mini-switches position was wrong !

When I received the TrendNet, both switches were OFF.

I thought I was right to put them both ON

then the optical networks brought 3D, space, air, precision details etc, fine, but it sounded harsh (unnatural tone/timbre) and was not happy with that.

Thus I had the post-exchange related to the mmini-switches => tried other position => and the winner is :

switch 1 => ON (forced)

switch 2 => OFF (LLR disable)

with that setting : tone is OK, and the other postive point brought by the optical network are still there of course.

for info :

- picture of the setting => http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/197117TrendNetboardswitchesfleches.jpg

- on the french forum, I gave the info to Gillight2, another tester of the optical network facing the same tone issue => issue solved => here is his final report & impression : Réseau Optique : Musique dématérialisée - Page 15

Really amazing stuff... but only when 2 tiny switches are on the right position !?

We spent quite a long time to sort it out, but it worthed it so much !!!!

Again, thanks to you Jabbr & others to have had that really weird idea to install a fiber network at home ! :-)

hi ted_b,

you're right : the TrendNet is the one you need!

- a 1Gb SFP into your Diablo

- a 1Gb SFP into the TrendNet

- a fiber in between

- open the TrendNet to set the mini switches as I mentioned above, see picture.

- This TrendNet powered by a simple power bank

- no device plugged on the rj45 port of the Diablo

and that's it!

Rgds

hi ted and jabbr,

to deal correctly with the rendu, a 100mb device,

you need a fmc that is able to deal with 100mb on its rj45 output.

1. the tplink 10/100 have a speed of 100mb on its rj45 output, its fiber input is 100mb too.

thus on the other side of the fiber, on the switch, you need another 100mb SFP.

But the Diablo accepts only 1Gb SFP. So it can't work that way.

A Tplink switch, can't remember its reference have combo 100/1000 SFP slots, with such a switch you can put a 100mb SFP. The switch will deal with it and do the auto negotiation.

2. The easy way is to use the TrendNet, the way I mentioned above. It's what I and Gillight2 did here, and the result is bloody good :-)

regarding LC or SC SFPs, as usual LC are cheaper and more common than SC.

Rgds

hi dtb300,

you're right regarding the Anker : no pass through.

i use 2 of this TeckNet, they do pass through. Honestly i did not notice lower SQ when charging vs no charging. Good product.

here :TeckNet PowerGen iEP1500-WHITE 16000mAH Power Bank With BLUETEK - PORTABLE CHARGERS - POWER - PRODUCTS.

Is the TeckNet better quality than yours : can't answer.

Rgds