IGNORED

Melco as stand alone source

Melco Audio has no US contact in states thus far. Can N1A/N1Z be used as standalone file player direct to Devialet (with built-in DAC) + router in mix for iPad control with available apps, or are N1A/N1Z mostly audiophile NAS's requiring file player? The Melco website a little vague on details about system configurations, showing setup with Network Player, Melco and router. I'm in the downsize stage of life (or shall I say - finances). (v: (v:

“Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.” Steve Bannon

Chief Strategist for President Trump and attendee on United States National Security Council.

No replies necessary. I got a fast response from Melco which explained what I need to know and then some.

“Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.” Steve Bannon

Chief Strategist for President Trump and attendee on United States National Security Council.

No replies necessary. I got a fast response from Melco which explained what I need to know and then some.

Hi Bryan, could you share what you learned from Melco, I'm interested myself in this very option.

I use qobuz and wanted streaming support, my understanding is that this might work streaming from a tablet to the Melco. However with qobuz promising 24bit streaming soon, I want to ensure the Melco and qobuz ipad app can deliver.

Thanks,

Theaudioguru

Hi Bryan, could you share what you learned from Melco, I'm interested myself in this very option.

I use qobuz and wanted streaming support, my understanding is that this might work streaming from a tablet to the Melco. However with qobuz promising 24bit streaming soon, I want to ensure the Melco and qobuz ipad app can deliver.

Thanks,

Theaudioguru

I've no answers specific to your question, however email Alan at Melco. Alan informed me there are new pdf files available soon about Melco product. This is the 'and then some' I spoke to. I seek one box server with on-board storage which has more versatile user interface options than Aurender X100. I could go back to Aurender if TV Logic improve their interface on Conductor app (background color choices, Conductor app view in vertical and horizontal, etc.). If Melco soon allows Minimserve Lumin style app, that may well land me on Melco N1A purchase as I owned a Lumin and thought the Lumin app was best I've seen/used bar none.

I meant 'MinimServer', and although Lumin app interface outstanding, a JRiver interface on Melco would be as good and possibly better - if Melco allows vertical and horizontal view on iPad (which Aurender to date does not). Await Devialet announcements from upcoming Munich show. If Devialet announce DOP done deal, Melco support Devialet USB DAC with DOP, and confirm the HHD drive noise in their more affordable unit is for most part silent to listener, then Melco is looking like best one box digital solution (for me anyway) at present time. I am no longer enamored over solid milled CAD cases or other aesthetic concerns as first and foremost I'm about how good the sound quality, in other words - substance over style.

• 5 months later...