IGNORED

Yamaha NP-S2000

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I still have this beauty and i am now able to stream music to it with streaming services ( Google Music or Qobuz, i have not tested TIDAL ) from my smartphone ( with Bubble UPnP app on Android ).

Tested multiple album on Qobuz, no trouble ( FLAC 16/44 )

Cédric

If anyone still use it, what is your impression after several years of use? Thanks
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Cédric,

What about the scourge of these early/first generation UPnP streamers - does the NP-S2000 support gapless playback?

Both with third party gapless supporting UPnP/DLNA control points (eg, the excellent BubbleUPnP Android app you mentioned), as well as with its own app/remote control/buttons on the box?

John

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Hello John,

A few years ago, i gave up on Gapless... too much things to check ( the software used to "make" the track if coming from CD, the NAS or computer, the software playing, the streamer setting ) and was not really able to have perfect gapless.

I will try to make a new test soon. But i can tell you that with Bubble UPnP, streaming Qobuz on the Np-S2000, i do not have gapless ( even though i have check gapless on NP-S2000 and Bubble and Qobuz... )

Cédric

• 5 years later...