IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

[ATTACH]27597[/ATTACH]

are you using your pi as an audio pc or renderer? are you by any chance using jriver to feed the pi?

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
  • 6 months later...
Hi all,

I am new to this, but I like your software very much, Tim. The only thing that I can't get my finger on, is that I can't get a console screen in the HDMI-port of the RPi-2. I get it during boot if I change the config.txt. But it disappears just right after boot. What to do for a definitive solution (hdmi console remains on).

Thanx, and keep up the good work.

Frank

Moode is designed to run headless. You access Moode via browser on another computer at http://moode.local

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
  • 3 months later...
6 hours ago, yara said:

Hello CA community, hello Moode users, 

I've been successfully using Moode for over past 6 months (last version: 3.1) w/o any issues. 

Couple days back the system crashed. (power shortage during update), so was getting "kernel panic" on boot. 

Now I'm trying to install it back (lastest 3.7 version). All works just fine until I ssh into the system and attempt to upgrade. Most packages gets updated, but nginx-common reports error and evantually Pi freezes on reboot. 

That was never the case with 3.1 version. 

Could anyone try to help me setting my audio server up ?

thanks, 

Phil. 

tim started charging $10 for moode as of v3.7.  did you buy a license?

• 1 month later...

@TimCurtis -- just bought Moode and installed 3.7 over the weekend on my RPi3.  What a nice piece of software!  Congratulations on the great work!  Currently using it as a renderer but really like the list of radio stations included in the application.

Only suggestion I would make is that the setup guide needs to be more clear that initial setup has to be done via AP mode (connecting wirelessly via Moode SSID).  I initially tried to connect via ethernet, but it appears that the ethernet is not available until you go in and specify a SSID (not blank), disabling AP mode.

Thanks again.

@TimCurtis When I first powered up the RPi, I used Ethernet. Couldn't access it, so checked the router and it didn't appear under attached devices. Rebooted a few times, but still no luck.

When I connected in AP mode with the Ethernet still connected, there was a message below DHCP saying not connected or not in use or something like that. Put in an SSID and the problem went away.

Now operating happily with static address using the same Ethernet cable!

3 hours ago, TimCurtis said:

If anyone can provide a way that I can replicate the issue "Ethernet connection not available" I'll be happy investigate.

I can try with a fresh SD card this weekend and let you know.  I don't think it was user error, but you never know.

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, tranfa said:

A quick noobish question from my side.

Would it be possible to install the Network Audio Daemon of HQPlayer in Moode Audio for Raspberry?

I would like to use a Raspberry PI as NAA connected to my I2S Dac.

moode is a player, not an operating system, so you wouldn't use that.

for hqplayer naa (which is a renderer -- you'll need hqplayer on a separate server), you would use a linux distro and then install naa.  appears to work on a rpi (https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/images/)

48 minutes ago, tranfa said:

Thank you jcn, I knew it would have been noobish... :)

Let me insist aa little bit though.

My logic is the following: Moode is indeeed a player, based on a Linux kernel.

My purpose is to be able to output DSD via I2S towards my DAC.

I happen to be able to output DSD from Moode via I2S - which I can't do with the Linux+NAA image, because it doesn't have the "driver" for my DAC.

So I was wondering; is there a way (via SSH?) to install an additional package, like the Linux NAA one, into my I2S/DSD capable Moode...?

This would be the solution to my troubles.

that question is a bit out of my league, not being a linux jock . . . .