IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

Hi all, im Marcello from Italy and im sorry for my bad english...

I hope I have written in the right place.

Start with compliments for the great job: in my rig Moode sounds simply natural e works very well.

Anyway here's my problem :

I have this raspdac AUDIOPHONICS RaspDAC Kit DIY Network player Raspberry Pi 2.0 & DAC Sabre V3 - Audiophonics

and I was wondering how do I run the OLED screen to display song information in play etc etc.

I hope someone can help me..

Bye

First port of call, have you asked Audiophonics?

Someone on another forum did just that and got this reply

MoodeAudio

--"MoodeAudio" avec gestion de l'alimentation (I-Sabre V3 et Audiophonics PI-SPC) :

With power management :

https://mega.nz/#!8AwHECpT!PHMOpwo7s...fxNLDPikfDU2Dk

--"MoodeAudio" avec gestion de l'alimentation (I-Sabre V3 et Audiophonics PI-SPC) et afficheur Oled (Winstar Ecran Oled 16x2) :

With power management and Oled display support :

https://mega.nz/#!kYwWBAxS!35kR-cV3d...EPMRGI_dYUUx0A

Nous compléterons cette liste au fur et a mesure de nos avancées.

Bonne écoute !

Hi, thank you for the fast reply...

I noticed that my link is for raspdac v3 and i have v2. I have tried the first image in your answer... and does not works :(

I think the problem is that the oled is wiring otherwise...

Ok, i will try to write to Audiophonics...

Tnx the same..

The second image is the one for the screen.

I don't know if the pins have changed from rpi v2 to v3, maybe check the wiring diagrams/pictures on the Audiophonics site.

Good luck.

Ronnie

Forum Audiophonics.fr • Consulter le sujet - RaspDAC - Tutoriel pour affichage Volumio sur ecran LCD/OLED

This shows the wiring for a v2 rpi

My French is rubbish but I think the text hints that the script for the screen "should" work with other distro using MPD.

I don't know if this applies to Moode.

Why not try volumio anyway to see if everything works and then play with getting it to work with Moode.

Tim should be able to advise.

ciao

Ronnie

Solved, in Audiophonics forum i've found another Thread who speak about Moode Audio.. with some modification in the configuration gpio file the oled screen works very well. Thanks Ronnie, for the suggestion and the patience, tnx Dhrone for the script... i am just a newbie :)

I dont know if is in my head, but i think Moode sound a little bit better than other distros 'couse in my rig is less harsh and natural. Lots of compliments Tim! Good work!

That's good news, would you be kind enough to post a link to the forum please.

I have the same dac board and the power switch on an rpi3 so the screen script link would be really helpful (not only to me but maybe others as well).

Molte grazie

Ronnie

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

@monster7

172.24.1.1. is as MikeyFresh states, the wireless Access Point.

This is how it works n a windows 10 laptop.

Bring up the list of available access points by left click on the Monitor sign in the bottom right corner of the taskbar.

Select Moode and enter " moodeaudio " as the password, complete the process.

In a web browser (I use Firefox) enter 172.24.1.1. (paste and go) and that should connect to the Moode gui.

On an android device, I use  the app from " fing " to find the IP addrtess of the raspberry pi and enter that into the Chrome browser.

To save this as a shortcut on the "Desktop", click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the browser, select "more tools", then "add to desktop".

Hope this helps a bit (and is corrrect,lol)

ronnie

23 minutes ago, monster7 said:

I would like to ask Wifi/ethernet should set DHCP or static?

Entirely up to you, I have never used Static IP so can't advise.

and how to set Linux kernel?

The choice should be available on the Audio config page (this is from memory as I don't have a current v.3.8.4 instance running).

12 hours ago, monster7 said:

So embarrassing. I have read some unofficial set-up guide but still cannot see this setting.

Now the music can be played, many thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately it seems there is no official guide, so is there any good set up guide except the lengthy forum discussion? 

12 hours ago, MikeyFresh said:

There used to be a set-up guide when 3.8 was the official release, maybe that was taken down at some point, or maybe it came as a text document file with the actual download?

I can't remember anymore.

Go to Menu>About

Moode Audio Player is a derivative of the wonderful WebUI audio player client for MPD originally designed and coded by Andrea Coiutti and Simone De Gregori, and subsequently enhanced by efforts from the RaspyFi/Volumio projects.

Release: 3.8.4, 2017-08-28 release notes
    Update: (None)
    Setup guide: setup guide
    Coding: Tim Curtis © 2014 moodeaudio.org, twitter
    License and Warranty: (see below)

Ronnie

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, syncopator said:

Hello again, I tried the build script but I only ended up with a partial installation. I tried to use the full version of Stretch. Anyone successfully installed Moode 4.0 on the Full OS? (Not the light)
Cheers

2 hours ago, MikeyFresh said:

Not to my knowledge, the instructions specifically state the requirement of using the Stretch Lite version, and more specifically the 11/29/17 build at that. No other version is guaranteed to work.

Link to Stretch-Lite

http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/images/raspbian-2017-12-01/

Ronnie