IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

Dear all,

I have installed moode 3.84, my Android phone can detect the moode network, but cannot connect, from PC or phone. I know nothing about Linux, is there any guideline I can follow? Thanks a lot in advance.

This is what I got by typing http://moode 

This site can’t be reached

moode’s server DNS address could not be found

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

Find the IP address issued to the Moode Player by your network, using the Fing app or similar.

You are no longer searching for the Moode SSID, the unit should now be on your own home WiFi's SSID, but you need to know it's IP address so that you can access it via a browser.

Many many thanks, it works now. So that 172.24.1.1 is no longer access in my network. I guess even I set DHCP instead of static, I dont need to search the address every time reboot?

Sorry I am a computer idiot.

3 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

Impossible to say, but if your router is powered down it may choose to assign a different IP address after the power is restored.

Other times a router will seemingly give a new IP address for no reason at all after the DHCP lease "expires". Too many variables for anyone to know exactly how your network will behave.

But if you have Fing, or various other means, you can always find the new/different IP address should the above actually happen.

The 172.24.1.1. was never actually access over "your" network, that was a Moode "hotspot" of sorts, broadcasting it's own SSID fully separate of your network using the RPi's built-in WiFi chip/antenna.

Are you using an RPi3? If so you can always temporarily connect an Ethernet cable should the WiFi be dead in the water. Of course that is not a solution if you have a RPi Zero W.

Thanks I am using pi3, I havent bought the Ethernet cable, will try a supra cat8 later.