IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

You need a computer for deleting files.

Follow the Aurender docs to see how with either a Mac or Windows computer, how to mount the N10's internal drives on your desktop.

Then, you can simply go into the N10's drives and delete any corrupt files.

Do you know why the files/tracks were corrupt?

Where had they been stored and used before?

Dave, who also has an N10

Thank you for the advice. I need to do a lot of editing. The files were corrupted during transfer from cloud to PC to USB drive to N10. I wanted to delete them on the Aurender and reload good versions.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have an N10 which I love.  When I first got it I compared a single track that I had loaded into the N10, with the same track played on an Oppo player, and the same track streamed from Tidal.  Their SQ was in the order mentioned.  From this Forum I found some tweaks, namely isolate the Ethernet cable from the router with a medical grade isolator (about $160) and use a straight tun from the isolator to the N10 of quality Ethernet cable (I used Ghent Audio).  The first tweak (isolation) significantly increased SQ but the second (I had been using conventional cable from Best Buy)  raised the SQ so that one couldn't distinguish between locally stored tracks and streaming tracks.  I am amazed.  I was of the "bits are bits" school and couldn't believe upgrading the cable would so improve streaming.  My Ghent cable is 8m long and also cost about $160.  

6 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I don't believe that device has optical isolation. It is "galvanic separated according to the standard IEC EN 60601-1 (3rd edition)."

Maybe so but I can't see how it could get any better since the SQ from Tidal is indistinguishable from tracks on the N10  SSD.

• 4 months later...

In order to get Tidal to sound nearer to my stored music on my N10 I've done tweaks such as isolating the router from the Ethernet cable and upgrading that cable to an audiophile level.  But while the sound has gotten significantly better it  still seems to lack the "body" of played stored music.  I'm seeking and open to all suggestions.