IGNORED

Album Art, Jacket Notes/Details

All,

Is it possible to get all of the art and jacket notes (ie, song writing credits, band members, etc) that come with 12" LPs and some CDs when using ripped CDs or digitized LPs on a Mac Mini?

I get the album covers OK, but nothing else. Is more info re the artists, band, history even possible?

I am not even sure what this is called, so if it's been covered elsewhere, my apologies.

Thanks,

S

I am not even sure what this is called, so if it's been covered elsewhere, my apologies.

I think what you are talking about is usually called "liner notes".

This website may have what you are looking for:

Album Liner Notes

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

I think what you are talking about is usually called "liner notes".

This website may have what you are looking for:

Album Liner Notes

Kind of. BTW, neat website. But, what I was thinking was getting the actual liner notes and art that came with the album originally onto my iPad that is used to control the Mac Mini server.

I saw something like what I'm talking about at a dealer's showroom a couple weeks ago when I was out of town on business. Didn't have time to query the proprietor re where the software came from. But, he was a Naim dealer and it might have been proprietary to Naim. He had the music cataloged on an iPad Mini and could turn pages with the touchscreen to view the album art and liner notes like they were hard copies. Very cool. Any idea what it was?

Kind of. BTW, neat website. But, what I was thinking was getting the actual liner notes and art that came with the album originally on my iPad that I use to control the Mac Mini server.

I saw something like what I'm talking about at a dealer's showroom a couple weeks ago when I was out of town on business. Didn't have time to query the proprietor re where the software came from. But, he was a Naim dealer and it might have been proprietary to Naim. He had the music cataloged on an iPad Mini and could turn pages with the touchscreen to view the album art and liner notes like they were hard copies. Very cool. Any idea what it was.

Perhaps he or someone else scanned the album art or liner notes. Some high rez downloads also come with a PDF of the liner notes.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull