IGNORED

AUDIOPHILE OPTIMIZER 1.3 Further Optimization

koblongata

Untitled-1.png

Found that those services are safe to disable, and I think the audio quality really further improved (2PC setup with JPLAY). The OS and all the software (Internet related or not) still work well. It is needed to set static IP, Gateway and DNS though since those services are disabled.

These are what's left in the services:

Untitled-2.png

Cheers!

These are the commands to turn those services off, make a .bat file and copy paste those commands in, then move the .bat to C:\AO\Tools so it can be used in mini and core mode too..

sc config ShellHWDetection start= disabled

sc config nsi start= disabled

sc config lmhosts start= disabled

sc config LanmanWorkstation start= disabled

sc config LanmanServer start= disabled

sc config IKEEXT start= disabled

sc config dnscache start= disabled

sc config Dhcp start= disabled

sc config BFE start= disabled

Is it necessary to run the batch file each time the server is booted? Or do the changes persist?

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

In what situation is there a need to disable the services you mentioned? I use AO optimizer V1.3 for my audioPC (dual PC setup) in core mode and all the services you mentioned are disabled when I follow AO's strictest protocol. I am left with 8 running services. Three less than you show in the first post.

Check my profile for my audiosystem.

In what situation is there a need to disable the services you mentioned? I use AO optimizer V1.3 for my audioPC (dual PC setup) in core mode and all the services you mentioned are disabled when I follow AO's strictest protocol. I am left with 8 running services. Three less than you show in the first post.

ahhhh... "disable network related services" in AO actually does it, and even more. My bad, thought not disabling it was required for my network to work.