IGNORED

Uptone Audio Regen

just finished comparison... huge, HUGE difference between stock REGEN vs. REGEN with HDPlex (or, probably, any LPSU for that matter). Should have done this way sooner. O.o

LDMS Minix Server>Lampizator TRP w/ VC>Gryphon Diablo>Heil Kithara

Cables: Douglas Cables 'Mirage'', (Power); Douglas Cables 'Mirage' (XLR); Douglas Cables "GLIA" (speaker cables & jumper); FTA Callisto (USB)

Accessories: Furutech GTX-D (G) with cover, MIT Z Duplex Super; Equitech Balanced Power, Sistrum (for Diablo & TRP)

5 hours ago, jos said:

I bought the ultraRendu, so I don’t need my USB Regen and Supra USB cable anymore. The USB cable is 8m. I sell the Regen without the standard Meanwell power supply. If someone is interested to buy one or both products, then contact me. Both items are in very good condition. I guarantee that both products are working fine!

why does the ultrarendu not need the Regen and USB cable anymore?

Cables: Douglas Cables 'Mirage'', (Power); Douglas Cables 'Mirage' (XLR); Douglas Cables "GLIA" (speaker cables & jumper); FTA Callisto (USB)

Accessories: Furutech GTX-D (G) with cover, MIT Z Duplex Super; Equitech Balanced Power, Sistrum (for Diablo & TRP)

10 hours ago, jos said:

Because it is a network audio adapter (NAA) connected to my network with Ethernet and very near to my DAC. A very short USB cable connects the audio adapter to my DAC. This approach gives a better signal to my DAC and has some practical advantages too. But it is far more expensive.

and the regen between the naa and the DAC didn't make any difference?

• 9 months later...
12 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Original USB REGEN draws about 140mA (0.14A) through its DC jack--and nothing at all through its USB input on the 5VBUS pin 1.

ISO REGEN draws about 230mA through its DC jack--and requires 20mA of 5BUS on its USB input (for the upstream side of its high-speed  galvanic isolator chip).

Hope that helps.  :D

Alex,

What are your perceived differences between the REGEN and ISO REGEN?

Asking for a friend. 😁

4 hours ago, Superdad said:

Much better sound.  9_9

There are a boatload of more detailed user comparisons in the following thread:

yeah, I saw that... but I also saw the 978 replies. 😆 I had the patience to go through the first REGEN at the time, but wading through this thread will be tough. that's why I asked you for your perceived differences. 😜