IGNORED

Problems viewing CA Site from phone and tablet - any ideas?

hi

I don't post that often on here due to not having enough time to engage in conversations unfortunately. But the site is my go to source for info related to all things digital. In the last couple of weeks I can't access this site from my phone or Tablet. I used to be able to now I just get a blank screen. The phone is Android and the Tablet is a Nexus 7. I assume it may be related to an upgrade in android software but I don't know how to resolve it. A lot of my access to CA is whilst in transit to work so I am desperate to sort this out. Anyone have any ideas on the cause and resolution to viewing only a blank page?

thanks

I had the same issue on a Nexus 7 after Lollipop was introduced. Weird, it would show the address and the page was blank. Then the same on my phone though it is not on Lollipop. I just went into the Google play store to get the Computer Audiophile app. Should have done it sooner. Much better than accessing through the browser at least on a tablet or phone. So just search for Computer Audiophile in the play store.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

I found that I solved a similar problem by changing the CA site to "Default style" then back to "Mobile style". Clearing the cache has worked for other people.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.