IGNORED

Official TIDAL HIFI Streaming Issues Thread

Noticed on my local hifi forum (Stereonet) in Australia that a number of my countrymen have had issues, starting from about the 5th of November, with Tidal.

Issues are mainly stuttering, pausing, or unable to play ... effectively the Tidal service is now unusable in Australia, at least for me, as well as others.

It does not appear to be ISP based (I am with Telstra, others are with Optus).

My Tidal app version is:

1.1.0.589 (W:1.11.2--P) (NP:NA)

A month or so after I subscribed to Tidal it changed hands. I had no idea. Then the service quality simply became horrible. Stopping mid track. Failing to advance to the next track, and stopping and starting. It took a week to get a response to my ticket request when I was told that the were moving servers and would be done in a few weeks. It was even suggested that I try streaming older music because the new servers were being populated with music in chronological order and the older music was in place on the new servers.

Sure enough, I had much fewer issues with older, sixties music so I contented myself with that for the time being.

Given that Australia is dowwn under maybe thats what Tidal is doing again: populating servers with your own music. This would make sense from a network traffic and licensing standpoint.

But I wouldnt have known that had I not filed a complaint with Tidal and waited far too patiently for a reply. (This non existent live customer service practice is total BS and, well, dont get me started. I love music more than I hate 21st Century customer service, apparently.)

So, file a complaint. Get in that queue and you will hear back.

in the meantime, try some older music. Who knows? (This is totally uninformed advice btw.)

Best wishes,

Tom

You had my hopes up there. I believe that's been available for a while - the file date is in July.

Funny thing: It was the first time since my subscription started in April that Tidal advised me - in app - that a new version was available. I was getting a little annoyed at how Mark Ronson's Uptown Funk has been the song of the month since then.

Since I access Tidal mostly through Roon it wasn't a big deal. When I wanted to watch videos or check out a connection speed I ran the Chrome webplayer.

Well, the app is new to me lol.

T.

Just registered to learn and share experiences. Got a Tidal subsc yesterday. Successfully streaming from iMAC and iphone6 without interrupt over Arris cable modem/router on 5gHz to appletv v3. Only issues I experienced in 6 hours of martin-logan break-in were microwave intermittant drops and when one device was on 2.4 and other on 5gHz.

Flawless over time warner 100mpbs cable. Ookla shows about 93-96.

Thats internet, digital TV and hifi for $125 mo! Am enjoying the tidal user interface, too

Dang microwaves. Ruin dinner prep music every time. I need to fire up that 5ghz only on my wifi router.

T.

IMPORTANT PERFORMANCE UPDATE!!!

I am not sure if any of you already know this, however I have had some info sent back to me directly from TIDAL yesterday and it has successfully fixed my issues.

I have a 26mb/sec connection which is more than enough, however my songs were jumping, pausing and locking which was driving me nuts... Until now!

By changing your internet connection using the GOOGLE DNS SERVER, the data is sent and received much faster than a lot of the other DNS servers used by third party ISP's.

Here is the information sent to me directly from Tidal - DNS server settings.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using?hl=en

Thank you for sharing that. Could be big.

Tom

Since changing my DNS to google DNS, I have had 100% perfect streaming. Has anybody else had any success with this?

Hey Crackerbuzz,

I reposted your original post on the Roonlabs.com Community Forum because there are Tidal users there talking about the same issues. (There's probably some 21st century Forum etiquette that I violated doing that without crediting you but I was on my iPad at the time and, well, my grammar, typing, and formatting on an iPad isn't the same as on my Mac.) Anyway... I haven't seen any posts on the Roon forum showing any positive results from changing the DNS. Nevertheless, I think it's very good tech advice. Time will tell.

Since my Tidal streaming has been very good for me at home for several months, I don't have a need to change the DNS. Yet. I've bookmarked the page and will certainly try it if I'm in a location where the streaming goes to s***.

Thanks again for the great tech info.

Tom

• 1 month later...
Dam Tidal. I tried there 30 day trial. It ran out. I recieve an email telling me so. I clicked on the email and saw an offer for 6 months payed all at once at a discount. So I clicked on the subscription tab to check it out and find out there payment methods and it automatically took $19.99 for 1 month out of my paypal account. I never authorized this and have no idea how they even got my account. All I was doing was investigating my options and it just took my money. Usually paypal will make you sign in before final payment is made. Was going to go for the 6 month deal but now they already got me for the 1 month at the full price. I'm ticked off now... The only payment method that is changeable in settings is your bank account. Which they don't have. I see no option to delete the paypal account.

If you're in the US submit a question to:

https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

It's accessed on the Login page.

They will get back to you. May take a few days but I've always got a response.

Enjoy.

• 5 months later...
Hey All Tidal Users,

Is anyone having a bug where in My Music/My Albums it will only show a short list of all my albums? It seems to be defaulting to an x number ...so like a-f etc. This happens on my mac desktop app and chrome web app. I have tested on my work and home macbook pros. Logged in and logged out, updated teh desktop app etc. In addition, it is also having just buggy hang ups and lag time since the update. I have a ticket in with Tidal but wondered if anyone else saw this.

Thx,Eyeba11kid

Hi,

How many albums do you have in My Music? Maybe try deselecting a few in the F - G range and see if something there is hanging the populate process. Weird.

No issues here in USA with the latest Tidal update - but - I only have a couple dozen albums in My Music and barebones with Playlists, Videos, etc. I usually listen to Tidal via Roon but on new music Fridays I run Tidal directly.

Good luck eyeball,

Tom