IGNORED

Official TIDAL HIFI Streaming Issues Thread

7 hours ago, pdickerson said:

Every 3 months or so I give the Tidal App with MQA another try to see if the garbled track issue has stopped,  just tired it again yesterday and same problem.  I was enjoying listen to 4 tracks in a row and then BAM! There it was again garbled horrible souls coming from my speakers.  So sick of Tidal and their inability to fix this problem. But this may not only be a Tidal issue.   Bob and MQA need to find another provider or help fix this Tidal problem  or it’s goin to be the end of their story.  

I use  Roon and am  lucky to have a large library.  I also us the Tidal integration in Roon and never have any Roon Tidal issue.  All my problem come with Tidal App on window 10.

Deezer was so much better than Tidal, the interface was better and the streaming always worked and it was CD quality sound.  I hope Bob / MQA is working a deal and that will integrate with Roon.  What a wonderful world that would be to stop seeing tidal ads and videos.

I use Tidal on Windows 7 Pro with a Brooklyn DAC+. I do get the occasional skip on playback but nothing I can not live with. I tried the free trial for Roon to see if using Roon fixed the issue no change. While I was experimenting with settings in Roon I managed to corrupt the USB driver for the Brooklyn and had to reinstall. Considering how much money I am saving streaming with Tidal rather than buying files I can live with the skips unless they get worse. I still enjoy MQA on Tidal and don't regret the money invested in the DAC+ at all.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/29/2018 at 10:39 AM, lucretius said:

Hi all,

I can play from my Tidal app on my Samsung S8; however, if I activate VPN on my router, I can no longer play songs. OTH, if I activate VPN only on my phone, I CAN play from the Tidal app. Is there a fix for this?

You probably should not be using a VPN with Tidal in the first place your d/l speed is most likely marginal.