IGNORED

Please help me choose my next move(s) in computer audio

I currently have a self built PC/Hackintosh that was designed to be a gaming/audio computer, but from all I've learned here, it seems I should split that up.

I'm primarily using a Metric Halo ULN-8 and while that's a firewire DAC for MAC, I'll be buying the upgrade as soon as it comes out. At that point it will have USB connectivity and will be supported in Windows.

Right now, I use keyboard and mouse to browse through folders and select albums, but I'd really like to get away from this and move to a tablet for control.

The computer is not in my listening room and I'm using long cables to connect it up, but next month I'll be moving into a room where that won't be possible.

I'd like to keep the computer as workhorse for upsampling, etc., but put it in a different room then have a silent PC connected to the DAC, getting audio over a wireless network.

I'm wondering if that sounds like a good solution, or if there are better ideas out there. Hardware/software recommendations are also appreciated. Thanks!

Hackintosh W7/OSX 3570k/16GB > Audirvana+ > Metric Halo ULN-8 > Rythmik F12 and Butler Audio TDB 2250 > Magnepan 1.7 > 13.5'x26'x7.5' room, HK/Limage setup

Thank you, DaQi. That's almost too simple of a solution for me though. I intend to use JRiver at minimum for running streams through it, but I may want to use XXHighEnd or HQPlayer or whatever else comes along. Also, I would much prefer an Android tablet over iOS.

I do see that there are Android solutions for controlling JRiver, such as Gizmo. I'll try the app and see how it goes.

Still need to figure out the two PC scenario. Seems like this may require me to compile info from several threads here, to figure out what works for me.

Thanks again.

Hackintosh W7/OSX 3570k/16GB > Audirvana+ > Metric Halo ULN-8 > Rythmik F12 and Butler Audio TDB 2250 > Magnepan 1.7 > 13.5'x26'x7.5' room, HK/Limage setup