IGNORED

any worthwhile upgrade to present set up.

bruny

hi all

So this is my set up. HP microserver with 8tb hdd's. streaming movies and music to a dune h1 media player connected to a AVR Yamaha RX-V2O65 amp with monitor audio bronze 5.1 speakers (br5 fronts) . Music is mostly flac some hi-res 24/192 and mp3.

the sound quality is pretty good with the current set up but I'm looking to improve on this. I need to have the TV on to make use of the GUI. Would adding a decent streamer e.g pioneer n50 to the amps pre-outs improve sq or is there another way. would the cost be a worthwhile improvement. Would i see more benefit by adding a decent stereo amp. was hoping to make use of the streamers network capabilities and android app as well as upgrading the sound quality. the amp already has network(wired) but its not very user friendly. what would be the best upgrade for my set up as it is. I also have a new i5 Intel nuc in a Akasa Tesla H fanless case with 128gb ssd and 1tb hdd, that could also be used if needed. Everything is hard wired to my network and connected to Yamaha amp via hdmi inputs and out to TV. any ideas would be much appreciated.

sorry for the long post

bruny

As you already have the NUC ... try installing Windows and J.River on that. Alternatively try Daphile or Vortexbox which are Linux distributions based around the Squeezebox system.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.