IGNORED

extracting files

Hi, my music is flac format in itunes on my old XP hard drive, temporarily connected to my new windows 8 PC.

Can i extract my files without downloading itunes onto my new hard drive? i want to use dbpoweramp instead

of itunes and disconnect the old hard drive.

i am mistaken they are in wave form. i think i want a stand alone music player like dbpoweramp, i used it before to batch convert, and i'm listening to those compressed files at the moment. but i can't access the wave files? i can see them in itunes, but windows media player won't play them. duh.

i am mistaken they are in wave form. i think i want a stand alone music player like dbpoweramp, i used it before to batch convert, and i'm listening to those compressed files at the moment. but i can't access the wave files? i can see them in itunes, but windows media player won't play them. duh.

If you have WAV files in iTunes, you'll want to convert them to either AIFF or ALAC using iTunes otherwise you will have no meta-data (the files will be listed as Track 1, Track 2, etc). This will need doing using your old XP computer or at least using the iTunes library off the old drive.

You may be able to get some meta-data using dbPowerAmp which will usually read from folder and file names to create the artist and track title, but using the old iTunes would be preferable IMO.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.