IGNORED

Network Advice needed

Couple of questions that I think this group can help me with.

Currently running an older dell PC with Jriver>musical fidelity usb converter>DAC. Music is stored on a USB hard drive and ripped from the PC.

Looking to get the PC out of the equation and the usb converter so I'm considering the either a streamer or renderer in the next few months. Nad m50, the Aries, and the Rendu are possibilities.

Looks like the Synology ds214play with 2 2tb WD reds would suit my needs. Any other NAS's I should consider? Would the ds213j work as well for $170 less?

Amazon.com: Synology America DiskStation 2-Bay Diskless Network Attached Storage (DS214play): Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: Synology DiskStation 2-Bay (Diskless) Network Attached Storage (DS213j): Computers & Accessories

I currently have a 50' Ethernet cable running from my verizon router to my listening room. Do I just plug the NAS into the router? Can I rip CDs on my laptop, which connects wirelessly to the router, to the NAS? What is a network switch and do I need one?

Thanks in advance for your help.

ROON Rock NUC, ALLO usb bridge, Exogal Comet, LTA MZ2, Quick Silver Mid Monos, Audio Note AN/E.

Do I just plug the NAS into the router? Can I rip CDs on my laptop, which connects wirelessly to the

Yes, just plug NAS into the router. It will be visible on every computer which is connected to your net. You can rip CDs on the laptop and save them directly on the NAS. But if your WIFI net has a poor signal it will be painfull.

PP AUDIO (PPA USB, LINEAR POWER SUPPLY, DESIGNED FOR AUDIO) + DAPHILE + WIMP HI-FI -> OPPO BD-105D AS DAC -> Musical Fidelity kW500 -> MAGNEPAN MG 1.7 + VELODYNE EQ-MAX10