IGNORED

Chordette vs Amarra

Hi,

I just sent my Ayre QB9 for it's upgrade to DSD and my dealer was kind enough to lend me a Chordette DAC.

When I ran it using my Amarra 3.02 Symphonyi heard clipping,stuttering... It was not good.

When I played it with Audirvana, it played very well.

The Ayre was hooked up in XLR while the Chord only takes RCA.

Has anyone else experienced poor playback when using a Chord product and Amarra?

Thanks

Bernard

You two men go that way...

QNAP TS-131P->2019 Mac Mini-> -> dCS BArtok  -> balanced XLR -> Nagra MPA ->Shunyata Research cables and Hydra 6 -> Acapella La Campanella 2 horn speakers and REL R-328 SubBase. HiFi Rack Reference audio stand.

Hi,

I just sent my Ayre QB9 for it's upgrade to DSD and my dealer was kind enough to lend me a Chordette DAC.

When I ran it using my Amarra 3.02 Symphonyi heard clipping,stuttering... It was not good.

When I played it with Audirvana, it played very well.

The Ayre was hooked up in XLR while the Chord only takes RCA.

Has anyone else experienced poor playback when using a Chord product and Amarra?

Thanks

Bernard

I experienced similar problems with Amarra with other DACs.

I use Audirvana / HQ Player without any problems.

Michael

I've had issues trying to get a Chord Qute HD to settle down (huge stutter and stopping issues)

There are a lot of issues matching apps to the drivers with regard to Chord DACs.

You need the latest driver for OSX Mavericks. All on the Chord site.

Currently ( fingers crossed)I can get the Chord Qute HD to play in a stable manner; even DSD 2.8 on both Amarra 3.0.2 and Audirvana 1.5.12

Computer music - Mac Mini (Late 2012), NAS Drive (FLAC / DSD), QED Performance USB cable, Chord Qute HD, Van Den Hul First Ultimate interconnects, Pathos Aurium headphone amp / Sennheiser HD800, (tape out) Van Den Hul The Wave interconnects, Audiolab 8200A integrated amp, Monitor Audio GX50 stand mounts.