IGNORED

Auralic Aries (Hardware) - Impressions and Information

Update from Facebook 

Auralic Aries G2 - Kii Control -  Kii Three active speakers -  OPPO BDP 95 - Clearaudio Concept turtable / AT-33 PTG II pu /Clearaudio Maestro Wood pu - Rega Fono MC riaa / Musical Surrondings riaa

Head-fi:

Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro - Shure SE846w/Silver Dragon - Chord Mojo

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, pl_svn said:

still having the static noise issue on 5.0 betas :mad:

(goes away as soon as I revert to 4.1.0)

all I have been told is it may be due to using an "unqualified power supply" so I tried pulling Vinnie Rossi's Mini Pure-DC-4EVR and using Aries' stock LPS: static noise still there. reported and never heard back

if, as I am fearing, this won't be taken care of... my Aries will become unusable as soon as 5.0 is pushed to everyone (since there's no way to opt-out of automatic updates) 9_9

And still I prefer the overall sound from v. 4.1.0. with my Aries femto clock.. More weight in the overall presentation, the bass notes goes deeper and better dynamics are the issues that keep me rolling back to v. 4.1.0 after doing som test with different settings in 5.0 beta 2.  Can´t say i have noticed any static noise..?

Waiting now for doing some testing with the new announced beta  5.0 this week and are curious if there will be any notable changes in SQ.  

Auralic Aries G2 - Kii Control -  Kii Three active speakers -  OPPO BDP 95 - Clearaudio Concept turtable / AT-33 PTG II pu /Clearaudio Maestro Wood pu - Rega Fono MC riaa / Musical Surrondings riaa

Head-fi:

• 4 weeks later...

An issue with 5 beta 5 version is all the changes i do in Lightning web interface will not save.

I do some changes from the "default" settings like the filter setting  from smooth to precise.  After playing some tunes I check the web interface settings and every changes I have done are gone and back to default both in the streamer settings (like disable the volum control) and resampler / filter settings. Anyone else noticed this,

The overall sound from this beta 5 version is very nice,,,

Head-fi:

• 2 weeks later...

5.0 is still only a beta version.

4.1.0 is the current device version. Confirmed by Auralic's home page and also my Aries would have done a automatic update to version 5.0 if this was a new and final device version.

Several hours with lot of trouble yesterday with beta 5.0.5 trying to update my Lightning server with som new HD music and rescannining my library several times, only to completely stopp scanning and lost contact to my network :mad:.. I'm back on 4.1.0 and will not test the new beta 5.0 version...

Head-fi:

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Hauser said:

Thats interesting.  When the first Beta came out, I tried changing settings using the web interface.  As soon as I set volume control to off, Aries wouldn't re-boot or reset.  Fix involved Aries vacation to the dealer; came back refreshed and been woking fine since.  So if I'm still in Beta, I'm surprised that the DSP options have been removed but thinking Aries brain can't cope with the additional work.  I just looked at the Lightning settings and firmware says Ver.5, no mention of beta; seems contradictory to the link.  Possibly Mr Wang could clarify the confusion.

Martin.

I'm now on beta 5 with my Aries femto and it sounds good too. However the Lightning web interface with all the options still works fine with beta 5. I think the web interface actually works better and quicker with this current beta 5.  Among this I can choose between the four filter settings and I prefer the "precise" setting. I can't understand why you can't use the web interface with this current beta 5 ??

I got some serious trouble with the last version 5. beta 5 when trying to rescan my library (Lightning server on NAS). The Aries stoppet several times, losing contact with my network and at last nothing would work.  I have to do several resets to get it up and go again..back to version 4.1.0 i managed at last to rescan my library. There was a little moment I think i also have to contact my local dealer to get it working again...

Now testing beta 5 version I haven't tried a rescan of my library... before doing this" for safety" I will go back to  current device version 4.1.0. 

Head-fi:

37 minutes ago, Hauser said:

Hi Atletico,

I just had another look on the web interface to see whether I had missed something but I still can't find any filter settings,  maybe my advanced years.   Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks, Martin.

Hi Martin,

This is my current web interface showing the processor option..

Aries beta 5.tiff

Head-fi: