IGNORED

Auralic Aries (Hardware) - Impressions and Information

I have the exact same problem with my Aries after installing the beta5 firmware though ethernet cable. Just got word from Auralic that the unit is going to have to be replaced. So this is really not good news as they are unable to fix this issue by pushing any new firmware to the unit or perform a hard reset so that it can roll back to the last stable release.

• 8 months later...
6 hours ago, pl_svn said:

darling... I have no problem living with it

even though... I'm really astonished they released even just a beta with such a big bug in such a basic function 9_9

and I just though it would be wise to alert others about it

You missed that one big bug a few beta's back that accidentally bricked Aries units that updated through ethernet cable instead of WiFi? After that I had to get my unit replaced (perfect service from mister Wang and WifiMedia though), and became very skeptical about these beta's.

4 hours ago, Doak said:

Does your DAC normally do DXD (24/352.8) OK?

My Lampizator does not, so now I can upsample it to 24/384 and all is copacetic. 

Pretty cool!

Yeah i have the Chord 2Qute. It can output 352.8 just fine as i have succes upsampling to this frequency using Roon. To be more exact using the beta firmware i am unable to upsample to any other frequency then the original input frequency.