IGNORED

amarra v3.0 and sQ app

hi out there: i just downloaded both demos-found them a little 'buggy' but the sound quality is immensely better than Pure Music and NONE of that periodic distortion/glitz when streaming Qobuz HiFi or my MOG playlists on BM(an apt acronym for Beats Music)

however, i got sQ to work when i am using Amarra to listen to iTunes(my ripped cd's in AIFF) when i thought it was only for streaming( so i guess it works for both correct?)-sQ worked fine when i first downloaded it (WITH Amarra ON) but then it stopped working for streaming either Qobuz or BM??

i am now reripping my cd collection to iTunes via XLD and am loath to try sQ for Qobuz that i may lose it altogether again along WITH amarra as i did last night and this am-i fiddled with all different permutations of the settings and finally got BOTH back don't ask me what i did i really don't know!!

i watched the video for sQ but there is only music no voiceover and it looks like i did everything correct

could anyone simply explain how to go from Amarra/sQ/iTunes to Qobuz or BM and still keep sQ running

i use USB out from my latest generation macmini i7/16gb RAM to newest schiit audio gungnir DAC to my AVR

thanks and all your comments and other site referrals have been great bobbmd

hi out there: i just downloaded both demos-found them a little 'buggy' but the sound quality is immensely better than Pure Music and NONE of that periodic distortion/glitz when streaming Qobuz HiFi or my MOG playlists on BM(an apt acronym for Beats Music)

however, i got sQ to work when i am using Amarra to listen to iTunes(my ripped cd's in AIFF) when i thought it was only for streaming( so i guess it works for both correct?)-sQ worked fine when i first downloaded it (WITH Amarra ON) but then it stopped working for streaming either Qobuz or BM??

i am now reripping my cd collection to iTunes via XLD and am loath to try sQ for Qobuz that i may lose it altogether again along WITH amarra as i did last night and this am-i fiddled with all different permutations of the settings and finally got BOTH back don't ask me what i did i really don't know!!

i watched the video for sQ but there is only music no voiceover and it looks like i did everything correct

could anyone simply explain how to go from Amarra/sQ/iTunes to Qobuz or BM and still keep sQ running

i use USB out from my latest generation macmini i7/16gb RAM to newest schiit audio gungnir DAC to my AVR

thanks and all your comments and other site referrals have been great bobbmd

Per Sonic Studios Amarra User Manual 3.0 page 31 They strongly recommend that you either run Amarra or Amarra sQ but not both at the same time to avoid any playback issues between the two applications.

thankyou very much

i am running both right now(the sQ box is moving those green/yellow/red columns/bars up and down and the volume/dither bar works,meanwhile the Amarra bar is on and showing song title time etc! go figure,they seem to working in tandem) listening to my ripped cd's on iTunes and Both seem to working and sounding wonderful while i rip the remainder of my collection

i will try them alone but am still afraid i will lose both again but thanks for the info bobbmd