IGNORED

Subwoofer to pair with Adam F5s

Hey guys, I'm looking for a subwoofer to complete my near field setup. I have two Adam F5s running from a Schiit Modi DAC and Ifi Itube. Everything sounds great, but I just need some bass to really set it off.

I've seen that Adam made the SubF, but it appears to be discontinued from what I can see. Does anyone have any suggestions for another sub that would pair well with my setup? I know Adam has the Sub7, but that seems to be a bit out of my range. My budget is around $300-400, but if there is a less expensive option that would perform similarly that would be great as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hey guys, I'm looking for a subwoofer to complete my near field setup. I have two Adam F5s running from a Schiit Modi DAC and Ifi Itube. Everything sounds great, but I just need some bass to really set it off.

I've seen that Adam made the SubF, but it appears to be discontinued from what I can see. Does anyone have any suggestions for another sub that would pair well with my setup? I know Adam has the Sub7, but that seems to be a bit out of my range. My budget is around $300-400, but if there is a less expensive option that would perform similarly that would be great as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I wonder whether Adam is experiencing financial troubles. I tried for about six months to scare up a Sub 8 and finally gave up.

AudioEngine makes a really nice-sounding economy sub. I've been happy with mine and now, after two failed attempts to secure a non-malfunctioning Focal Sub (first, a malfunctioning CMS and then what-appears-to-be-a-malfunctioning Sub 6), I may just abandon my higher-end sub quest and return to my trusty ol' AudioEngine. It just runs and runs...

I wonder whether Adam is experiencing financial troubles. I tried for about six months to scare up a Sub 8 and finally gave up.

AudioEngine makes a really nice-sounding economy sub. I've been happy with mine and now, after two failed attempts to secure a non-malfunctioning Focal Sub (first, a malfunctioning CMS and then what-appears-to-be-a-malfunctioning Sub 6), I may just abandon my higher-end sub quest and return to my trusty ol' AudioEngine. It just runs and runs...

Correcting the record here...the Focals do not appear to have malfunctioned at all. I appear to have been too dumb to set them up correctly, or something. In any event, the Focal Sub 6 I have is now working beautifully, although it is way beyond your price range.

Once again, from the budget end of things, I can't say enough good about the AudioEngine S8 subwoofer.

That's a good suggestion--I remember researching there when I was setting up my HT system. But, I'd say that overall there is a considerably higher degree of knowledge about the finer points of system set up here.

You MAY be correct about that but what you will find there is a vast knowledge about sub performance and recommendations on everything from budget subs with the best cost to performance ratio to HT recommendations for the person with unlimited resources. If you follow the site daily there will be posts about special deals on subs almost weekly. It's a good site to watch if you're looking for the best deals on speakers and subs.