IGNORED

Audirvana+ playback problem

I am having problems with Audirvana+. I can play all tracks ok on my new Macbook 10.9.2, 16gb, but on my older Macbook 2010 10.6.8, 8gb, I am having problems playing 24 bit and DSD music. These were purchased from HDtracks and AcousticSounds. It will just show the track, but will not play. I power Audirvana+ off, but no music plays still. I have to restart the laptop to just play the 16 bit Alac tracks. It plays 16 bit ok until I click on a 24 bit or DSD track and it will just lock up. I am using ITunes integrated mode. I need some help to solve this problem. Thanks

I am having problems with Audirvana+. I can play all tracks ok on my new Macbook 10.9.2, 16gb, but on my older Macbook 2010 10.6.8, 8gb, I am having problems playing 24 bit and DSD music. These were purchased from HDtracks and AcousticSounds. It will just show the track, but will not play. I power Audirvana+ off, but no music plays still. I have to restart the laptop to just play the 16 bit Alac tracks. It plays 16 bit ok until I click on a 24 bit or DSD track and it will just lock up. I am using ITunes integrated mode. I need some help to solve this problem. Thanks

What DAC is your old MacBook connected to? Are you selecting the DAC as the output in Preferences? Did you try a different USB port? Did you try Audirvana in playlist mode?

On 10.6.8, I often had to restart the Mac to get A+ to release control of audio and play plain iTunes or YouTube, but A+ itself played fine. Seems to be more stable on Mavericks and I don't have to restart for A+ to release control of audio anymore.

I have an Anedio D2, but I have not connected it to the Macbooks. I'm just listening thru the Macbook speakers, headphones, AK240 right now. I'm having the same problems, but today when I powered off A+, ITunes did not freeze and played all tracks, but no sound. Playlist play fine until I try 24 bit or DSD tracks.

Any particular reason not to try the upgrade to Mavericks?

Has A+ worked for higher res music with this MacBook before?

Does iTunes alone work? A+ alone?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.