IGNORED

HQ Player

On 11/11/2018 at 2:46 PM, Miska said:

Sounds a bit mysterious. On my Mac Mini, running High Sierra or Win 8.1 I have content on external Thunderbolt HDD and it plays without issues, either locally or through Roon. On my other Windows machines, I play over network from SMB share without problems. Tested with Kaspersky and F-Secure AV.

You could try setting your power profile to "High performance" and see if it makes any difference. What AV solution do you have? (if you don't have any 3rd party, is it falling back to Defender?) I know Defender is sometimes causing huge delays.

Getting a lot of messages at top of HQPlayer not responding 

10 hours ago, Miska said:

Mysterious...  What kind of GPU do you have? One option would be to try copying some content to internal storage and see what happens in that case. Just to narrow down where the problem could be.

Pc is just used as music server.No GPU

25 minutes ago, Miska said:

Maybe it's then some issue with the used remote control application and HQPlayer?

today when using hqplayer alone I noticed when trying to open a album to add a song getting message hqplayer not responding and screen goes grey.Wait about 5 secs screen goes back to normal and able to add a song not happening everytime but often.

12 hours ago, Miska said:

OK, I'm running out of ideas what could be the cause... Is it clean stock Win10 installation? What kind of computer hardware is it? Maybe someone else has any ideas?

Is the animation is startup splash screen smooth? You can try to open the alternative touch / fullscreen GUI in HQPlayer and from there the cover flow, scroll it up/down with mouse wheel and see if it is sluggish or fast. If it is sluggish, then it is likely some GPU issue and OpenGL rendering is slow.

If you tried with the mentioned alternative AV's, then it is not that either...

Okay tried full screen.Message says cannot curentlyshow the desktop.I did open a few times but froze.Weird works with no issues if I use roon on its own through naa.Find to with slow response when I stop music takes about 10 secs for music to stop.When this happens when I start again get stuttering .Have to restart song to stop.If I just let HQPLAYER and ROON run without interference no issues.Also when hook core pc to dac direct bypassing naa device works properly.Issue definetly a issue when using naa.

On 11/14/2018 at 3:06 AM, Miska said:

OK, I'm running out of ideas what could be the cause... Is it clean stock Win10 installation? What kind of computer hardware is it? Maybe someone else has any ideas?

Is the animation is startup splash screen smooth? You can try to open the alternative touch / fullscreen GUI in HQPlayer and from there the cover flow, scroll it up/down with mouse wheel and see if it is sluggish or fast. If it is sluggish, then it is likely some GPU issue and OpenGL rendering is slow.

If you tried with the mentioned alternative AV's, then it is not that either...

Hooked  main Pc straight to dac no issues.Used my old windows pc as a naa no issues.Is it possible nuc not powerfull enough.Bottom of the line intel nuc ?

43 minutes ago, Miska said:

For NAA? Not really, the lightest machine I've used for Windows-based NAA has been CL100 which is not particularly powerful. Worked just fine at DSD512 to T+A DAC8 DSD.

If you are using ASIO on the NAA, please check ASIO control panel settings for the driver, depending on your DAC/driver. Select as large buffer as possible, and if there's "safety level", set it to safest value.

Using Asio driver that is supplied from the dac company..Don’t think there is a control panel ? Or we’re do I look ?

10 minutes ago, Miska said:

If the driver is sourced for example from Amanero, there's no control panel. If it is sourced from Thesycon there is. Thesycon puts it's control panel app in system tray.

I guess I have no control panel then for driver.What about buffer size in HQPlayer.Also have 32 bit dac.Do I set at 32 or default ? Thanks

Still looking for ideas.Run Roon and HQPlayer.Run HQPlayer and Roon on core PC.Use a intel nuc for naa.Can run Roon with no issues by itself.When I introduce HQPlayer get very slow response when controlling through I pad air or windows laptop.And will often get stuttering when new song begins.Core machine has a i7 8086K, a z390 asus maximus hero motherboard,16gb corsair platinum ram 3200mhz,and M,2 ssd.PC is only use for music.Naa is a intel nuc.Both machines Windows 10.Core and PC wired.Core PC is hooked to main router asus ac3100 which is upstairs.Second router is asus ac87U used as acsess point which is connected to the nuc and is in the basement for my home theatre room.Upsampling to DSD for all.My collection is on external ssd hooked to core.Files are 44.1 16bit.Also use with Tidal.Even tried hooking core pc and nuc to same router same issues.Remove naa hook computer straight to dac works perfect ?

Is anyone running a 8700k  or 8086k using all dsd 256 filters without a gpu for cuda offload.I'm at a lose,Some times will play fine then other times stutter.Is this just a case of not a powerfull enough pc or other issues.I think if it was under powered it would stutter al  the time.I would buy a graphics card but don't want to waste my money if it something else.

4 hours ago, Miska said:

If you are on Windows, also check resource monitor if there are any Windows maintenance jobs running, because those can hog a lot of resources and usually run after a boot and then periodically.

For example "compattelscanner" (Compatibility Telemetry Scanner) is one of the worst offenders, it periodically scans the entire system to tell Microsoft what kind of applications are installed, etc. Another one is Secure Modules Installer that runs in background for long time after installing new updates hogging lot of resources too.

Another thing to check are CPU thermals. If the CPU is getting close to maximum temperature, it is throttled by the thermal management to keep the temperature below limits. If this is the case, cooling needs to be improved.

I will check resource monitor .Cpu runs cool.Have not seen temps above 45.

4 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

@Outlaw earlier in the thread you said that your core system is on one Asus router, while your NAA is connected on another?  Is that correct, if yes how are the two routers connected?  To confirm that it is not a networking issue have you plugged the core system and naa on the same router and tried streaming?  It could be the communication between the routers and/or one of the router is misbehaving.

Two routers are connected by Ethernet.One used as main router and the other as access point.Have tried hooking both core and naa to same router.Right now just using core pc straight to dac.

4 hours ago, Miska said:

If you are on Windows, also check resource monitor if there are any Windows maintenance jobs running, because those can hog a lot of resources and usually run after a boot and then periodically.

For example "compattelscanner" (Compatibility Telemetry Scanner) is one of the worst offenders, it periodically scans the entire system to tell Microsoft what kind of applications are installed, etc. Another one is Secure Modules Installer that runs in background for long time after installing new updates hogging lot of resources too.

Another thing to check are CPU thermals. If the CPU is getting close to maximum temperature, it is throttled by the thermal management to keep the temperature below limits. If this is the case, cooling needs to be improved.

Even with poly-sinc-xtr cpu load is @  22 %