IGNORED

HQ Player

3 minutes ago, Miska said:

Just select you GPU model from the drop lists on the link I posted and click search, it will offer you to download the graphics driver installer. When you have updated drivers, you can check if it works any better...

Latest driver at the moment is from 20th of March this year...

On cuda z what numbers do you look at ?

10 minutes ago, Miska said:

OK, should be fine then with Nvidia's latest drivers. Or otherwise there's something else eating the RAM on board.

Do you think it could have something to do with Remote Desk Top.Like I said quit working so I plugged in a keyboard mouse and monitor it started working.Is there something other then RDP you could recommend to control computer headless

2 minutes ago, Miska said:

It could, at least remote RDP is trying to steal audio devices (WASAPI) and re-route all audio over RDP connection. This doesn't affect ASIO because WASAPI bypasses Windows audio subsystem.

I've used VNC over the years. It is not fast, but it doesn't mess with things. There are bunch of different implementations, I've used TightVNC: http://tightvnc.com

My dac uses ASIO driver.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, bibo01 said:

That is very odd.

If you give us the exact track and precise HQPlayer setting, people can try to replicate it.

Did you rip music from a CD or did you buy the music?

I ripped my CD collection using dbpoweramp.I will have to watch what songs  trigger the clipping.Also have bought music and also use Tidal.

20 hours ago, bibo01 said:

That is very odd.

If you give us the exact track and precise HQPlayer setting, people can try to replicate it.

First song played from Tidal was clipping ?

20 hours ago, bibo01 said:

That is very odd.

Set volume max @ -20 still clipping.Does it make a difference What minimum is set at ? Even setting at - wo the volume dial on HQPlayer window still shows full volume.

On 5/21/2017 at 10:15 PM, bibo01 said:

The volume knob is always set to max volume. Your max volume depends on your setting in Settings.

If you turn volume knob down while playing (you can see a reference in the corner bottom left), does your track still clips?

Does your volume knob actually turn gain down? Does it work?

What is your exact filter/dither setting and frequency output? 

Volume does not turn down gain.Poly-sinc- short-mp Up sample to dsd 256 native.Doesnt matter what what I set max volume at get clipping.If I had -3 headroom management in Roon don't get clipping in HQPlayer.

Can't seem to get a answer.Run HQPlayer and Roon on Windows 10 PC.Us a Nuc as a NAA hooked directly to dac.Use headless control with Remote Desktop,and Roon app either on IPad or Laptop .Have this issue often were it won't work.Plug  a monitor,keyboard.and mouse into PC with Roon and HQPlayer and control from there and everything works.At that point I unplug everything from pc and it works fine controlled headless untill the next time I want to play music ?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Miska said:

I don't think there's anything to be fixed on that front. Works fine for me, up to 512x conversion ratios.

Disappointed still can’t play xtr filters without popping after about 10 seconds into song.Back to 3.17.Hopefully it gets fixed.It worked fine for me to up to version 3.18.So if it works for you there is no issue.Well there is a issue because it doesn’t work for me.