IGNORED

HQ Player

1 hour ago, blue2 said:

Seems to me this should be a separate tool which scans a music library and tags the files with recommended HQP filter? Better still would be a web DB so HQP could look up albums/tracks already scanned. Then all users could contribute and reduce the total scan time spent, and streamed tracks would also be included. Same idea as DR DB.

That sounds very cumbersome to me. I much prefer it being integrated. 

21 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

How to change filters is quite obvious without manual, imo. I was speaking about the way the manual explains the difference between filters, for example.

It wasn’t obvious to the person posting the question. Hence the suggestion to look in the manual. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Miska said:

That only talks about 32-bit floating point stored in DXD WAVs. Nothing new or special about that. They could as well use 64-bit floating point instead. HQPlayer supports both 32-bit and 64-bit floating point WAVs.

I understand and share your view, but the point of that link was just to show you the claim in relation to DACs handling floating point files:

‘If a DAC with a DSP with an internal (32bit) floating-point architecture (which, again, applies to most DACs) receives a 32bit floating-point signal, it doesn’t have to convert anything at all, right until the moment it’s converted into the analog domain.’

40 minutes ago, Miska said:

Most DACs have a 32-bit fixed point (integer) DSP. And as stated earlier, cannot receive 32-bit floating point data in first place.

In the original question's case, HQPlayer DSP uses 64-bit floating point for most parts and 80-bit floating point where necessary. Then the output resolution is limited to 32-bit integer using LNS15 noise shaper. This has better SNR than undithered 32-bit floating point.

Understood. So there’s no point in acquiring such files to feed straight to the DAC. But does HQP benefit from receiving 32-bit floating point DXD files to process, rather than 24 bit? (Specifically for DSD output to T+A DAC 8 DSD)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Miska said:

All the other software packages have been always signed with my cryptographic signature, but these not. Although these are provided from my server over TLS (https) connection, I got request to include signatures for the images.

Those .asc files are GnuPG cryptographic signature files for the image, in case you want to verify the file is actually from me.

Thanks.