IGNORED

HQ Player

Thank your for the help. This has been very helpful.

Just a couple of questions more-

When if ever do I use DoP? And if I do, what other settings do I need to change?

And am I assuming correctly that if I have a native DSD file then I leave Direct SDM checked.

Best Regards,

Larry

If you do DSD native, you do not need to do DoP ever as it introduces about 40% traffic overhead.

If you want to playback through DoP, you have to change Audio backend, probably Kernel Stream.

If you have a DSD file, you may choose to play it back at its native frequency or upconvert it to a higher frequency. It's up to you.

I suggest you to do some testing with DSD64 files at DSD64 and at DSD128. If you find your DAC's sweet spot to be 128fs, leave it at that. On the other hand, if you find your DAC's sweet spot to be PCM 8x, you may upsample your PCM files to 384 and leave all DSD music at its native frequency by checking Direct SDM.

Choices :)

PS: you have PM

Richard, excuse me for sticking my nose in, but from your post I quoted it sounds like you need to UNCHECK DoP in order to play DSD256, because your DAC can play DSD256 in pure native mode, but not in DoP.

If I'm totally off base, my apologies.

With a Mac and with that USB interface he con only play DSD natively through DoP. He cannot play non-DoP.

Decided to install boot camp on my Mac mini so I can try HQ player with my DACs ASIO driver. The registration in windows looks a little different than the Mac. It's asking for the key code but all I have is the xml key file.

You would need a different license for Windows. It's not a xml file, but a long registering password.

If you intend buying one, as you already own a Mac license, Miska can give you a 50% discount coupon.

By the way, finding this one long thread very difficult to navigate. Any chance of a dedicated HQPlayer forum where we can have one thread per topic?

You are not alone in this.

I believe that CA's boss has announced the development of "sub-forums" dedicated to producers/operators. Hopefully it's going to happen soon.

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it on 3 different ones. Still no go.

I had a similar issue a while back. It was always a combination of things.

I suggest to start from scratch again with a test.

1) Place a "folder.jpg" file inside an album folder which you haven't scanned yet (or deleted from HQPlayer library). Make sure it is not too big in size - 700x700 is sufficient - and it is "jpg", not "jpeg".

2) Make sure that album folder name is simple and it does not contain special characters.

3) Rescan

If it does not work, try to use a folder.jpg from a folder that is scanned correctly even though it is not the right image - this is a test anyway.

Furthermore, when you scan a folder and the image is not detected, try to rescan and then exit HQPlayer.

Good luck!

Dear Jussi,

Do I detect a bug in HQPlayer 3.8.1 ? The tool bar disappeared !

I use at this moment the trial version of 3.8.1 to test its (amazing) capabilities and to compare it with Jriver20, Audirvana 2.2. like running from Ramdisk etc.

May be due to the fact that I am using this and previous trial versons longer than 30 days causes ( due to summer holidays ) . It appears that on one Mac Mini I still have full version including toolbar and on another(headless) Mini the tool bar disappeared since yesterday. Ps, I was able to detect a very small checkbox window concerning toolbar on but I wasn't able to make a screen-copy of it?

Please see enclosed 2x screen copies too.

Is it a bug or a build or trigger to buy the full version? :-)))

In awaiting your reply.

Very Best regards, Andreas

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20047[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20048[/ATTACH]

On both Linux and Win versions of HQPlayer is possible to right click on the toolbar and enable/disable. I suppose that on Mac version is possible to do something similar... maybe by keeping mouse pressed :)

PS: you have PM

What's the best way to organise a library on an external hard drive? Any particular setting out / titles / order for folders and sub-folders? I'm asking because I have a library on external HD and there are some folders / sub-folders that just will not show up in HQ Player even if I add the entire library for some reason.

This is a guide in Italian for the music library. You can use come to easily translate it.

HQPlayer: Introduzione e Indice argomenti - Pagina 3

For folders that are not detected, have they got very long names? strange characters? only allowed files in them?

What's the best way to organise a library on an external hard drive? Any particular setting out / titles / order for folders and sub-folders? I'm asking because I have a library on external HD and there are some folders / sub-folders that just will not show up in HQ Player even if I add the entire library for some reason.

This is a guide in Italian for the music library. You can use come to easily translate it.

HQPlayer: Introduzione e Indice argomenti - Pagina 3

For folders that are not detected, have they got very long names? strange characters? only allowed files in them?

I am getting frequent dropouts with HQ Player. I was getting them with windows 8.1 and am still getting them with windows 10.

I am using an ifi nano dsd dac.

I have a core i7 4790S (quad core) processor and 8 GB RAM.

I am attaching a screenshot of my settings.

Would appreciate feedback on my settings so I can eliminate dropouts.

I am using the lastest version - 3.8.1

My buffer settings are "Safe" with a buffer size of 8192 samples.[ATTACH=CONFIG]20114[/ATTACH]

Thanks

Try increasing the buffer to 100.

Most probably, however, another driver is affecting your USB. Test the latency of your system to see if there is such a process.

Try also to stop antivirus.

Muso ha released 2.3.12 with

HQPlayer option to copy files to buffer directory before playing (eg. RAMdisk)

- and use --state rather than --status for Now Playing info (though sporadic issues with --playlist-get still prevent this from being reliable).

- animate timeline between --state polls now that it gives play/pause status. Can still mean it takes the poll interval to "catch up" with HQPlayer track/status changes.

Where is this option - I didn't find it, no status for Now Playing also... seems nothing has changed again, "sporadic issues" all over - that's right. But I test it in phone remote - maybe this is the issue which is not fixed yet?

It's in Tools/Options/Players. You can point to the buffer folder - the ramdisk created with another application like Primo or Softperfect.

RAM Disk playing is not working for me in SoftPerfekt: Access denied, then muso stops working. Is it that access is denied from HQP ?

Though RAM Disk mounts every time by boot.

When I mount RAM disk anew, then it works. But still can't control Playing Now, play new album, play from new track etc.- no matter from where...

Try with Primo if you get the same problem

When I tried Muso it didn't seem to tell you what the source material's native sample rate was - does it now?

Muso 2.1.13 now supports showing bit rate and sample rate (MP3s, FLAC, DSF,...). :)

It does not show it for Red Book lossless.

You must rescan library with "Check Updated Meta-Data on Import" set. Be prepared for a slow scan depending on your library.

If you don't, you'll only see these attributes imported for new media.

Hi everybody, need help...

im using HQplayer desktop 2.8.0

soundcard Asus Xonar STX (ASIO supported) - UniXonar driver installed

windows 7 64bit, 8GB RAM

i heard many talking about ASIO something will give us better sound, doesn't it? but i can't find any option in My HQPlayer Desktop 2.8.0 about ASIO, i also dont have the HQPlayer Desktop ASIO icon to open...

so what should i do now, i want to try ASIO with my PC...

sorry for my bad English, please help, it's appriciated...

Dato che è una versione vecchia di HQPlayer (I have a sneaky feeling that you are employing a pirated version going around the net), you find a version of HQPlayer specific for ASIO in your START/Programs list.