IGNORED

HQ Player

Hi Bibo01, thanks for that. So I can leave the filters just as they are.

I am just testing my new Lampizator Amber DAC I received last week. It is still in the stage of breaking in. I want to know what is the purest sound of the DAC to start with. So yesterday I made a config file for hqplayerd to get me bitperfect in pcm as well as dsd. I managed that yesterday with pcm filter/dither, using 'none' and directsdm for DSD.

The Amber all ready sounding very very well!

When I am used to this sound I will start to experiment with different settings.

Good plan :)

I have now made a first beta build of the upcoming 3.8.0 version. It doesn't yet contain all the things, but it has some of the most notable ones like

• Extended hqp-control functionality
  • New matrix processing for channel routing and mixing
  • Adjustment of some of the internal thread priorities based on feedback
  • Remember more of the UI state across restarts

Plus of course usual bunch of various other changes (I don't even remember all, I'll have to compile a changelog for the final release announcement).

As before, it is recommended not to touch externally the process priority, because it will screw up the internal relative priorities of threads.

You can get the beta here:

http://www3.signalyst.com/bins/HQPlayerDesktop3-setup-380b1.exe

Source code for the hqp-control is now also available here:

https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/hqp-control-380b1-src.zip

It's been written in such way that extracting the XML protocol spec from the implementation is not too hard if someone wants to implement it in a different way.

Miska,

Have you removed the link?

I cannot access v3.8.0b1 at the above link.

Muso is a Windows application that gives a graphical user interface for music library management - a front end - and it is capable of sending albums/tracks to various players, HQPlayer among them. The recent introduction of control for HQPlayer through hqp-control allowed this; indeed, users require v3.8.xx of HQPlayer that is downloadable here.

Muso01.jpg

It is very simple to setup. Under Tools/Options we have to point at the directories of our Music Library and of HQPlayer. That's it!

For now, the only drawback is to open an instance of HQPlayer before launching playlist.

On the NextHardware site I have written a mini guide. This is the link to English translation:

https://translate.google.co.id/translate?sl=it&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexthardware.com%2Fforum%2Fcmp2-cmp-cplay%2F86229-muso-un-library-manager-per-hqplayer-sotto-windows.html&edit-text=

Muso has been google translated as "Muzzle" eheheheheh

If you want to contribute, please report to Muso forum here.

Agreed. It's a just a wish list. :)

Two issues so far:

1) DSF tags are not being read. The Music library lists them (since I can sort on file path) but nothing is in them

2) WAV tags are being read, but no track numbers...so wav album tracks are listed alphabetically.......however, when I go to "edit tags" the columnar listing is in perfect track order...so something is seeing the correct track order. I then write track numbers...but I have thousands. :(

On both the above issues I am trying to reimport with "check updated meta data" and "tags take precedence" to see if that helps.

(SHOULD WE MAKE THIS A SEPARATE THREAD)

Thanks Ted. I let Muso's designer know about your report.

Please in the future let's add our suggestions to Muso's forum here.

PS: I think one is required to post a welcome message first in the appropriate category before being able to post any further.

DSF tagging works for me. And Now Playing is working, too. Wav track numbers are still a challenge, but Jeremy has been very receptive. Good work.

Edit: now playing display in Muso stuck on first song.

I have a different experience.

Songs are scanned, but Music Database is not updated. Tracks counter remains on "0".

• 2 weeks later...
I've been experimenting with Muso and it certainly shows promise. I would be interested if anyone who has played with Muso could confirm that it does not use cue files in the music folders? Perhaps I have just missed how to use that feature, but so far I have not found a way to get it to list all the tracks for an album based on the associated cue file. If there is a setting for this please advise? If there is no setting for the use of cue files then I find this of little use.

Hi,

I doubt Muso supports cue files. Personally I have not noticed it.

Muso's developer writes on this thread so he might tell me wrong.

BTW, what use do you have of cue files with HQPlayer?

... it's not working for me

Error: Access violation at 0x00394E1E (tried to read from 0x00394E1E) program terminated

Guess I'm not alone with this problem here so please help if some can!

I suppose that you have a Windows 32bit version. The only thing I can suggest to solve your problem is to install a Windows 64 bit version. You can install Windows 10 Inside Preview for free.

Hi, I am a newbie here. I just recently got into computer audio and have a Luxman DA-06 DAC. I have been using JR but recently downloaded HQ player 3.7.1. It sounds much better than JR. I plan on purchasing it.

My question is, is there a remote user interface that I can use with my Android tablet or even a windows computer? I have searched and can't find one.

Much Thanks,

Larry

A client for HQPlayer does not exist. The only way is to remote the desktop with an application like VNC or to use a database application that has its remote app and sends a playlist to HQPlayer - (for Windows) like Muso, Foobar or Kodi.

Thanks for the reply. I figured that was the case since I could not find anything about one. I guess I will use JR when I am feeling lazy and have my but glued to the sofa. Otherwise, HQ sounds awesome.

I am currently using a WW Platinum 7 USB cable and have installed the Fidelizer program which further improved the sound quality.

Also Foobar with Dark One skin and bogi's script for HQPlayer is a good option :)

I tried Muso remote for HQPlayer and it doesn't work properly on my WindowsPhone 8.1 browser. Is it my browser or is the remote that buggy at the moment? It says BETA in Muso options.

Yes, it is still under testing, although it already works pretty well, anyhow Jeremy - Muso's developer - is very willing to fix bugs or issues. Please report them on his forum.

Hi, being new to the HQ player and computer music in general, I have been reading about how best to set up HQ player. I have it up and running including DSD upconversion with no problems. But I have some questions on the settings. I am using a Luxman DA-06 DAC via usb. It does DSD and also plays non DSD up to 384K. I have installed the Luxman drivers. On JRiver is shows up as the Luxman Streaming Kernel. On HQ it shows up in the settings on device as Luxman ASIO device. I have the back end set to ASIO. DAC bits are set to 32.

Filter and Oversampling is set to Poly Sinc

Dither is TPDF

Modulator is ASDM5

Bit Rate Limit is set to 5644800 as the Luxman can only do up to double DSD

Pipe line SDM is unchecked.

1-I have the SDM Pack set to None. SHOULD I SET THIS TO DIOP or should I leave it as none?

2-I am also not sure of what I should set the SAMPLE RATE Limit. The Luxman will do DSD and Double DSD and non DSD up to 384K

3-Any recommendations for Dither, Modulator and Volume?

4-I have the DSDDIFF/DSF settings with DirectSDM unchecked and the 6dB gain unchecked. Is there any circumstance that I should check them and turn them on?

5-I also have the Conversion Type set at Poly-Short-lin and the Noise Filter as Standard. Any suggestions on what these should be set at for DSD and 96-384K play back?

6-I have the Integrator set at IIR. I am familiar with IIR and FIR. The Luxman has an FIR filter but any suggestions are welcome.

7-My last question. On the Desk Top page, sitting above the play lists are 4 drop down tabs for filters, ADSM5 and other settings, a third one and the fourth one for SDM(DSD) or PCM. When do I set it to SDM vs PCM?

By the way, I am running Windows 8.1 with a fast I3 3120 processor running at 2.5gHz and 4 gigs of 1600mhz DD3 Ram which will be soon upgraded to 8 gigs of 1800mHz ram. I am running the Fidelizer program. I have checked my Processor and Ram usage and at DSD conversion I am only using about 15-20% CPU and 10-15% RAM.

Much thanks to everyone that replies!

Best Regards,

Larry

Reading from Luxman manual -

1) If you use ASIO, set SDM pack to None.

2) In Settings you can set PCM defaults at 384 kHz and SDM defaults at 5644800. You can modify it at output.

3) Dither at NS5; Modulator at ASDM7 or DSD7 (it depends on how you like your DAC); Volume Max at -3dB with 6dB gain checked in DSF settings.

4) You have Direct SDM checked, if you do not want any DSP for your DSD files (no upconversion); I have 6dB gain checked so PCM and DSD play at the same volume, but be sure to have -3dB for Vol Max.

5) No suggestion as I do not use it. Experiment.

6) As above.

7) Those 4 drop down menus are your output. Through them you can bypass your default settings.

It depends on you. If you want everything upconverted to SDM, you leave it always on SDM; if you want to upsample your PCM to 8x and leave DSD untouched, you set it to PCM and Direct SDM checked; if you...