IGNORED

HQ Player

Hi, just wanted to share something I discovered in case others have the same issue:  it seems HQPlayer will on “work” if there is an active audio device on the Windows PC it is running on and Windows Audio Service must be running.  This is true even if HQPlayer is set to output to an NAA.  Took me a while to realize that.

• 4 weeks later...

HQPlayer stops working if another program uses port 8088 in Windows

Hi, running HQPlayer on Windows and installed another program that uses port 8088 and it seems when that program is running, HQPlayer stops working.  I changed the program to use another port and HQPlayer is working again. 

Posting this in case others run into same issue since it took me a bit to track down the issue.

Why does HQPlayer rely on port 8088 and if there a way to change the port it uses to a less common port?

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Hi, with GPU prices back to normal, I purchased a RTX 3080 Ti 12GB fo CUDA offload.  However, I can’t seem to find in this thread the filters that use VRAM to try.  Would someone be able to point me in the right direction?  I vaguely recall there was a filter that needed the 12GB of ram.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Miska said:

All the filters use GPU RAM in similar ways.

But if you are just looking biggest RAM hogs, sinc-L is the biggest RAM consumer. And sinc-Mx is also pretty big.

And even bigger can be a large convolution filter running for DSD256 source (when output is also DSD).

Thank you!

• 6 months later...

Feature Request

It's very fun to try all the different filters HQPlayer provides, but given our short audio memory, it would be very neat to be able to change filters on the fly vs. having to restart the music source.  Is that technically possible?  If so, any chance that's on the feature roadmap? 

Thanks!