IGNORED

HQ Player

Try to delete your library and have HQP remake it for you.

In Windows go to \Users\username\AppData\local\HQPlayer directory and delete HQPlayer.xml.

In Mac/Linux go to hidden usernamedirectory/.hqplayer

You can also enable log from your Setting menu and check if it shows something unusual. You will be able to find HQPlayer.log file in the same directory I pointed above.

\Users\username\AppData\local\HQPlayer is a hidden directory. You need to enable it first in your file explorer otherwise you will not be able to see it.

...Be sure to enable Log file in Setting and make sure that you restart the "problem" from the beginning, so hopefully it is properly recorded in the log file.

This might be simple question, but I spent all night trying to figure it out.

I just downloaded the Linux version. But can't find the setting? Can someone let me know.

On Mac and PC the setting menu is about the tools bar. But where are it in Linux . Thx

I have Linux version and setting menu is under File/Settings.

If you cannot see toolbar, just right click with your mouse on the top bar.

Hi guys found logWhen I try to send email get there os no email program associated to perform regulated action.Please install an email program or if one is already installed create a association in the defaults programs panel.Have mail account.how do I send.?thanks

If you do not have an email program (neither do I), simply open a gmail account and use your browser to access it.

Miska, to repeat the question I asked earlier, I am thinking of buying Hqplayer, does HQplayer work with Dirac Live?

Thanks...

I do not use Dirac, but I believe that in HQPlayer you can output to Dirac's driver and then have Dirac doing DRC.

Obviously, you would be using HQPlayer in PCM output only and up to 192kHz. You can set it to always output at that resolution.

Another perhaps not so obvious point is that you can overcome these limitations by using HQPlayer's convolver and make a filter for free with DRC. :)

I'm using a Windows i3 laptop as an NAA and an i7 with 16 gig of RAM for HQP DESKTOP. Both are Windows 10 machines. The system plays beautifully, up sampling in PCM to 192hz, but the NAA experiences a delay in recognizing commands from the Desktop version, and very often, when switching tracks the music will stop.

What can I do to make the NAA more responsive?

I think that what you are experiencing is due to Win10 network communication, rather than HQPlayer/NAA.

Please try these two ethernet tweaks for Win10 (one at a time) and report your results.

1) Nagle’s Algorithm

Nagle’s algorithm combines several small packets into a single, larger packet for more efficient transmissions. This is designed to improve throughput efficiency of data transmission. Disabling “nagling” can help reduce latency/ping in some applications. Nagle’s algorithm is enabled in Windows by default.

To implement this tweak, modify the following registry keys.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{NIC-id}

For the {NIC-id}, look for the one with your IP address listed. Under this {NIC-id} key, create the following DWORD value:

• TcpAckFrequency and set it to 1 to disable “nagling” for gaming.
  • TCPNoDelay and set it also to 1 to disable “nagling”
  • TcpDelAckTicks and set it to 0

2) Network Throttling Index

Windows implements a network throttling mechanism, the idea behind such throttling is that processing of network packets can be a resource-intensive task. It is beneficial to turn off such throttling for achieving maximum throughput.

To implement this tweak, run regedit and modify the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile.

Under SystemProfile, create a DWORD value and name it to “NetworkThrottlingIndex” then set its Hexadecimal value to ffffffff for gaming and max throughput: ffffffff completely disables throttling.

Hi bibo01,

Thanks for your well timed Windows tweaks. I am currently experimenting with network throughout and performance tweaks for my ISCSI booted player PC running Windows 10, Roon and HQplayer at DSD512.

It occurred to me that I had not spent enough time tuning my network given the demands of the ISCSI configuration. These tweaks are a useful additions to the other networks tweaks I am working through. I will test the permutations of the above and report back if I find anything interesting.

Thanks again,

Larry

Glad to help.

Gianluca

Hi folks. I really want to try out HQP but the ability to easily browse my library and control playback from my phone or tablet is really important. I know I can use Roon but that price point, especially the recurring fee seems really high to me for what I need. All that extra data and info Roon offers is nice but I dont really need or want it. Ideally, I could use a control point software like BubbleUPnP or Linn Kazoo to browse and control playback.

I am right to say that HQP does not support UPnP? If not, I assume the NAA is not an network renderer as well?

Is there a reason why HQP does not support UPnP? I think if it did, a lot more people would be able to use their preferred control point and not have to worry about spending a lot of money for something like Roon just to be able to browse their library and control playback remotely.

Why don't you use Muso that can interface with HQPlayer as library management and to control your music from tablet/phone?

Thank you for the input. I checked out Muso but didn't see whether it supports upnp so I could use BubbleUPnP as my control point. How would I use Muso to browse my library and control playback from my tablet or phone? It looks like Muso is a Windows application.

You pointed out that you wanted a library management software, like Roon, that can work with HQPlayer and be controlled by a tablet/smartphone - Muso can work like that. You do not need MinimServer nor BubbleUPnP as Muso is not UPnP.

Muso is a Windows application that can send signal to HQPlayer residing on the same PC or on a computer over your network.

As a control point on your tablet/smartphone you just type the IP address of your Muso system.

No, no tweaking at all.

Just using foobar with foo_dsd_asio for on-the-fly converting also from ClassicsOnlineHD (excellent lossless, even HQ streaming) and even low-latency playing of my virtual instruments (Pianoteq, GalaxyPianos with Kontakt directly or within DAW / Reaper).

Nothing of them is active after a clean reboot, HQP still dies.

The only other thing I can think of is that you are using a Windows 32-bit OS. Sometimes, on a few systems with this OS, HQPlayer has had problems.

Possibly Miska will be able to add some more.

Well I got HQP working last night on my laptop. I just used whatever settings are default and compared HQP to my current playback chain of Minimserver >> Jplay. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that HQP sounded much more clear and dynamic. The music was very engaging. These results has now inspired me to try and get HQP embedded working. I tried using Muso and its web controller but I got very disappointing results. The web controller was very inconsistent. Sometimes I couldnt get it to play anything. Sometimes it would play the wrong track. Using Muso directly from the PC worked fine though but for me, I use a headless system so being able to access my library and control playback via my phone or tablet is essential. Anyway, if I get HQP embedded working I will definitely buy a license. Wish me luck...Linux noob here.

This is the Guide for HQPlayer Embedded (easy to translate with Chrome brower).

Hi guys. I am trying to install HQP on Ubuntu 16 but I get the following error:

pre-dependency problem - not installing HQP.

Any ideas?

I don't know if this exactly the cause, but perhaps you need to install "qt5-quick1". This is a library file needed by HQPlayer but not officially used by qt. Recently, I had to install it in order to upgrade Embedded.

Miska somehow where the two areas in bottom Hqplayer where one area shows the library the other shows music being played I 'm missing the area were it shoes library.How do I fix this ?

Go to the top of the area with your mouse, press on the bar Performer/Artist/Album... and keep it pressed, then drag down to reveal your library window.

Hi, I want to use HQP renderer along with BubbleUPnP and Minimserver. Unfortunately, HQP renderer is not supported by the developer and I cant try it without first buying HQP. If anyone has any feedback on using HQP renderer, especially its reliability and installation I would greatly appreciate it. For me using HQP renderer is ideal because I use Minimserver and BubbleUPnP for simple library management. I've tried using Muso but its web player control didnt work very well. Roon just has too many features I do not need (not to mention the price).

Thank you.

I didn't try Embedded extensively, only a couple of days. However, I did not have problems to install it falling the mini guide I gave you before...pretty straight forward actually.

I never had problems with it, like Embedded not playing or getting blocked. It was most enjoyable.

My only reservation was with MinimServer not scanning properly a few albums of mine.