IGNORED

HQ Player

• 10 months later...
13 hours ago, ericuco said:

From what I see on my system, two CPU’s take most of the load. Looks like two of your CPU’s are at 100% which means dropouts could be occurring.  The 53% number is useless information.

OK. Can I do anything from my side to fix that or is it a HQ Player problem?

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Miska said:

Should be fine. I assume this is stock Windows 10 without any modifications or "optimizers"?

I have tested this release on two machines with Windows 10 Pro. One with i9-9900KS + GTX1080 and another one with i9-12900K + RX6800XT.

And on two machines with Windows 11. One with Ryzen 9 5900HS + RTX3060 and another one with i9-10900K + RTX2080Ti.

That is all Windows machines I have. So a bit of mystery what could be going wrong.

It is "optimized" indeed with this powershell script: irm christitus.com/win | iex

However, everything works just fine, also every version of HQ Player till this latest 4.20. I'll try to revert changes done by that PS script.

On 11/15/2022 at 2:41 PM, Miska said:

Should be fine. I assume this is stock Windows 10 without any modifications or "optimizers"?

I have tested this release on two machines with Windows 10 Pro. One with i9-9900KS + GTX1080 and another one with i9-12900K + RX6800XT.

And on two machines with Windows 11. One with Ryzen 9 5900HS + RTX3060 and another one with i9-10900K + RTX2080Ti.

That is all Windows machines I have. So a bit of mystery what could be going wrong.

I've installed a fresh Win10 install on a 2nd SDD. There v.4.20 works indeed, so something is definitely different on my main Win10 install. Still mystery because every single version till 4.20 was working without any problem.  

On 11/19/2022 at 3:21 PM, tcode said:

I've installed a fresh Win10 install on a 2nd SDD. There v.4.20 works indeed, so something is definitely different on my main Win10 install. Still mystery because every single version till 4.20 was working without any problem.  

@Miska FYI 4.20.1 works on my "problematic" Win 10 instance. Don't know what you fix, but it works! Thanks!

13 minutes ago, tcode said:

@Miska FYI 4.20.1 works on my "problematic" Win 10 instance. Don't know what you fix, but it works! Thanks!

However there is another bug I believe. Skipping to the next song, music stops for a second, then for a fraction of a second plays previous song again and finally starts with the next song. Quite annoying. 

13 hours ago, Miska said:

It is the buggy compiler I've been fighting with now for four weeks. Chasing ghosts etc.

No changes on that front. Did you perhaps change any setting that could have impact on this?

Is this with local library or something like Roon? If you are using Client for streaming, check your Freewheel setting, as it has some amount of load spike when loading next track.

Local library from SSD, playing direct from HQPlayer Desktop server. Can't be shorter and simpler path. Absolutely nothing changed in settings.

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, Miska said:

Which OS/build and backend is this with?

Oh, it was very late yesterday for me, I was adjusting buffer time in Input Device Settings, where I don't use any backend. Please ignore and sorry for bothering you!