IGNORED

HQ Player

On 3/10/2021 at 12:44 PM, Miska said:

Those Load/Save/Delete buttons are used to manage matrix profiles on the entry/drop-list on the left of the buttons (and are selectable through player control applications like HQPlayer Client).

Hi @Miska, as I am playing around with EQ, I don't know when HQPlayer reads an updated version of the text file. Do I need to keep "browsing" and adding the file or does it re-read the contents automatically with each new song? Or do I have to "Load" through the client? Could you please let me know when exactly the file gets re-read? 

23 hours ago, Miska said:

Generally, it is read at least when starting playback from stopped state (not idling).

...so no need to touch the matrix configuration if you modify those .txt files or convolution .wav's. (note that this applies to HQPlayer Desktop)

great! That worked. It also reloads when I reselect it in the client. The switching is so fast that I will never the Roon EQ again because it is wayyyy to slow in comparison. I have also now created a txt file for all of my headphones and added new profiles for each that are just Preamp of 0db for when I get around to it so I never have to touch the pipeline setup again. This is great! 

5 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

great! That worked. It also reloads when I reselect it in the client. The switching is so fast that I will never the Roon EQ again because it is wayyyy to slow in comparison. I have also now created a txt file for all of my headphones and added new profiles for each that are just Preamp of 0db for when I get around to it so I never have to touch the pipeline setup again. This is great! 

One suggestion for the profile view on the client would be to alphabetically sort it so that I can put some numbering in front of it. It seems to be based on entry date right now and the latest one is last.  

1 hour ago, 1laraz said:

Sure, I am referring to the previous post of dericchan1 where he described the same use case. 

OK, let's skip the NAA device because the PC running HQPlayer Embedded can now be directly connected via USB to the source PC running Tidal app. My question remains the same - will the HQPlayer PC appear as a DAC in the Tidal app? 

Tidal only works with locally registered audio outputs. So it can’t recognize HQPlayer as an audio output unless you create a loop back through something like Blackhole in Mac (I don’t have windows) and setup the loop back audio as an Input in HQPlayer. That’s of course assuming you are running Tidal app on the same PC where you have the HQPlayerDesktop. If you want do this over a network to another PC then you would set the HQPlayerDesktop Output to the NAA running on the other PC.