IGNORED

HQ Player

On 3/5/2020 at 10:43 AM, Miska said:

That's the place, 5.4.22 is the latest version at the moment. I would recommend to install both at the same time through "sudo dpkg -i file1 file2", strictly speaking the header package is only needed if there are external kernel modules to be built, but it is good to have just in case. Since the kernel version is higher than the one shipped by Ubuntu, it should become automatically the default one at boot (in case of problems you can select other ones from the grub bootloader menu).

@Miska I am also trying to do 1.5 mhz but am using HQplayer desktop and get stuttering and scratchy sounds. I know this is for linux operating system but I was wondering if there was a similar fix for HQPlayer desktop to be able to get those rates? 

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Which Linux are you using? You need either HQPlayer OS or Ubuntu/Debian with my custom kernel. In addition you must use Intel USB controller built to the motherboard.

Alternatively you can set DAC Bits to 16 and use suitable noise shaping like LNS15, NS9 or NS5 and then it works on any kernel or macOS.

@Miska I am using windows 10 with HQPlayer 4 desktop on an AMD based computer

10 hours ago, Miska said:

Yeah, not sure if the Windows driver behaves similarly as Linux and macOS driver does... I've only tried on Intel chipsets where the Windows driver worked fine.

@Miska Wanted to let you know I just figured it out. You have to mess with the settings in the ASIO control panel and increase the ASIO buffer and set bits to 16 in the control panel