IGNORED

Pure Music with iTunes 11.1.5/Mavericks - not usable

After my macmini wouldn't boot I had to reinstall osx and went straight for Mavericks which installed iTunes 11.1.5. Pure Music v1.89g R3 is terrible on this combo, tracks stopping starting and full volume static being blasted through the speakers.

What is the least painless/least effort way to get this working, is there a PM workaround or do I need to downgrade my iTunes somehow? And suggestions are appreciated.

After my macmini wouldn't boot I had to reinstall osx and went straight for Mavericks which installed iTunes 11.1.5. Pure Music v1.89g R3 is terrible on this combo, tracks stopping starting and full volume static being blasted through the speakers.

What is the least painless/least effort way to get this working, is there a PM workaround or do I need to downgrade my iTunes somehow? And suggestions are appreciated.

I am using the same version of iTunes and PM as you with no such problems. Does your DAC use a custom USB driver? If so, is it compatible with Mavericks? Also are you using OSX 10.9.2 which is the current version?

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

I'm wondering if there is an underlying hardware problem that caused your machine not to boot in the first place? Have you perhaps done any hw upgrades -- recently but before the boot problem?

I have the same s/w configuration here on my MacBook Pro (mid 2010), but no problems.

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.

I had the latest firewire driver and firmware. Release notes of driver say 10.9.x is supported, no release notes for firmware.

Interestingly on Amarra I am not getting any playback issues, it is PM only.

Any thoughts? Seems it is software related?

Since the driver works with Amarra, I don't see how it can be the driver. At this point, I think the best course is to contact Channel D and ask for help. I can't think of any of the preference settings etc. that would cause this.

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.

Thanks guys, that helps a lot. Not a software incompatibility rather a hardware issue. Dac is a weiss medea plus which uses a build in INT202, will have a look on the weiss site.

Hi,

im the Amarra Thread I'm praising the robustness of my PM Maverichs iTunes 11.1.5 installation.

my Hardware is a Weiss DAC202 Firewire.

Digital Sources: MacBook 8GB / 512GB internal SSD, iTunes 12.0.1.26, OS X 10.10 El Capitan, Amarra Symphony iRC 3.0.3 and Pure Music 2.0, Weiss DAC 202 Firewire, Creek Destiny CD,

Analog Sources: Transrotor FatBob Turntable with SME M2-9 tonearm and Benz ACE-L MC cartridge

Preamplification: McIntosh C500T Tube preamplifier; Clearaudio Balance+ Phono preamplifier (balanced);

Power amplifier: McIntosh MC452 Stereo

Loudspeaker: B&W 802 Diamond

Cables:

AC: Audioplan power conditioning and 5x Audioplan Power Cable, 1 Shunyayta power cable, 1 Audio Pro power cable

Kimber KS 1130 XLR between Phonostage and pre-amplifier, Speakercable Kimber 3033 incl. Kimber BiFocal Bi-wiring- adapter, Audiopro Advanced Listening 3 XLR, 1 digital SPDIF cable CD to DAC, Firewire MacBook to DAC Kubala-Sosna,

Accessories: room treated with accoustic elements from r-t-f-s, Hannl Mera Vinyl Record Cleaner; 5x bFly Audioabsorber, Creative equipment rack