IGNORED

Lampizator questions

Well, I recently upgraded to a LTA Z40+ intigrated amp. Then I got some Dynaudio Heritage Specials. I very much enjoyed them with my Pontus 2 DAC. I thought I should have something comparable... Terminator 2, Holo May... Baltic 3...which led me to Amber 4...anf I ended up stretching it to a Baltic 4. Now the month long wait. Feeding from Mercury streamed to I2S I added. I'm pretty excited. It's going to be a long month... At least...

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Blake said:

Very well put @Powerman.   That sums up my experience with Lampizator as well.  The performers are in my the room.  It is actually spooky at times, in a good way.  

Ya... Voices! They are not located... Centered left to right. One dimensional. Most stuff with depth... There's no "depth". Frequencies are louder or softer which give an illusion of closer farther... If you think about it hard. No... Voices are 3D. They hold a place in space. They have weight, precense. Of all things... Kurt Cobain. "Something in the way". He isn't in my room... I am in the booth with him recording. That recording is just super weird. But some many say the same thing about Lampis... Just spooky real, swimming in a pool of sound... Bass isn't like a warm blanket... It's floating in a warm pool. I'm just floored.

Big picture I was super scared to put that much money in a DAC. I was skeptical it would be worth it... Just more of the same I knew, an improvement. I had to sell something I didn't want to. As much press as people talk about Holo May and Terminator... No way they do what Lampi does. And what I sold... Haven't given it a second thought. Didn't even know to expect what I got. It's litterally a whole new system. My amp can amplify, and my speakers can play, but that DAC, that's just magic.