IGNORED

Is Someone Playing Fast & Loose With Measurements?

Chris: Respectfully, I trust that you ran a copy of this posting by both the folks at AudioQuest and Light Harmonic for comment before publishing? If not, please send both a link to this post and ask them to comment for increased clarity.

I doubt that either party is trying to willfully deceive the consumer, but clearly something is up here, and it would be very helpful for potential customers of either product to understand the nuances of what is going on with these claims and measurements.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

I suspect we will have more clarity when Stereophile reviews the Geek Out, then we will have reliable comparable measurements. It is important to note that measurements from different sources are not always comparable, as one needs the measurements to be done the same way, with the same equipment, to really make valid comparisons.

I am not sure what is going on with LH's measurements, but Larry Ho did suggest that he would try and get the updated Dragonfly to re-measure.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

I'd suggest that they stop with measurements and multiple future product planning and concentrate on getting the 10+ different products that everyone donated for out the door this year. Both GeekOut and GeekPulse have already slipped a couple of months, and for some configurations well beyond that. They are a small company and they are spreading themselves very thin what with altering the designs on the fly every week based on continuous suggestions from their "Geek Force." I am all for being responsive to your users and incorporating good ideas, but at some point one has to disengage from the noise, stick a fork in the design and call it done.

Think I am exaggerating? Spend some time over at: Geek Temple :: Category Index, look at all the configurations, promised products, and the time spent discussing future products (Aria to go against PONO?). It will make you wonder how a dozen people will be able to execute on it all. Please don't get me wrong: I like those guys and think what they are doing is great (I backed both campaigns and look forward to hearing/using the products), but having lived in the boutique audio manufacturing world myself for many years, I know the perils of over promising all too well.

Alex: Agreed. LH needs to start delivering products, and then they need to set some limits on what they are doing. At some point in the development/manufacturing process it is time to define the product, and actually produce it. Not defining the product in a timely manner and allowing it to actually get built and delivered has resulted in the demise of a few audio companies. Of course if you generate all your sales up front via kickstarter... hmmm.

SONORE computer audio

That's the technical term correct? :~)

hahaha, an Ass Scope!

Was not trying to bash LH, I am in fact pretty psyched with what they are doing, and I have listened to the DaVinci Dual DAC. Just hoping they do not over extend themselves and run into trouble. And I am looking forward to receiving my Geek Out.

I look forward to Stereophile's measurements of the product as well.

SONORE computer audio